BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dommy vs 850 opinions

+8
BBFTorino
supervel45
dfree383
kim
maverick
lghting94
rmcomprandy
tfsbbf466
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dommy vs 850 opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: Dommy vs 850 opinions

Post  BBFTorino January 31st 2016, 5:05 pm

Dave De wrote:I do like hearing that the C6 is quicker than the 400 even though the rollerized aspect of the 400 should beat out the C6.
3" collectors are small but the x pipe should be an advantage.  
Something stupid like the throttle cable adjustment was not opening completely on the Dommy may have happened. This has happened to me before. It takes two to see if the back barrels are opening all the way so sometimes its overlooked.
How do the header ports line up with heads? I just think that there is something going on with exhaust restriction to cause this.
You could be on to something. Those are certainly things to check.
Im kinda leaning towards the converter....Im thinking the converter in the TH400 was slipping a slight bit, and causing a loss of ET and MPH.
It seems that the converter in the C6 is a little bit tighter, thus it "grabs" a hair sooner and does not slip as much on the top end.
Dont give up on the Dommy just yet!!
When you launch, do you nail the NOS button at the same time, or do you roll out a few feet before activating it??
What I would do, is get it all together, and go test & tune on motor only....get it to run its best on motor, take NOS out of the picture until you have it dialed in on motor.
Then proceed with the spray and see how it compares.
I'd be curious to see a back to back test between the 850 and the Dommy.

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 31st 2016, 6:53 pm

tfsbbf466 wrote:It's on a drag radials I know when it spins and when it hooks. They aren't forgiving like a slick.

Regardless of the rest of the combo a more efficient (so they say) trans, a better carb and better nitrous kit should not slow the truck down. And I've had ample time to dial it in as it's been since October 2013 when it made the best pass.

At this point I'm not looking to pick up I just want back what I already had. It made probably a dozen 10.0 passes at the end of 2013. After all these part changes it hasn't been a 10.0 since. I guess ill swap the carb and nitrous plate and report back my results no matter if they are positive, negative or exactly the same lol.

Is this all on the same track with the same weather?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  tfsbbf466 January 31st 2016, 8:34 pm

My truck has a throttle linkage set up and it is opening 100%. Otherwise it wouldn't be hitting the microswitch on the carb. I had to mess with it a bit to make it perfect but it works well. I used a nice kit with an aluminum link and small rod ends hooked up to the stock pedal.

I'm running an Edelbrock progressive controller. I leave on a percentage of spray 30-50% and ramp it in fast. I know what worked the best and have tried that same set up with every combo. Have also left on 100% with a push button to rule out the progressive controller being bad. You guys really have no idea how much time I spent going over everything and trying to eliminate any and all variables lol. Enough that the truck at times would sit for a month bc of shear frustration. Then I would find things wrong, fix them, and it would not pick up. It would feel faster on the street and I would be sure it was going to be better but I was wrong.

I used a cj gasket to figure out how much to open up the holes in the header for the port roofs to line up perfectly. It should be pretty damn close. No soot on the header flange and it has a nice crease around the whole perimeter of the gasket.

98% of the passes are at the same track and the best passes were all recorded on nice low elevation days in the late fall. My track is only 10 miles away and it's always driven to and from the track.

Motor passes are pretty consistent but it leaves soft with the foot braked c6 and the dominator. Best motor pass with the old set up was an 11.25 117 with a 1.61 60ft. The Trans brake th400 and dominator on a cold December day with great traction and 60ft only netted me a 11.19 117 with a 1.53 60ft. That's leave at 3500 off the 2 step. Tried up to 3900 with no gains.

tfsbbf466

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum