BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new engine buildfor me old engine for professor

3 posters

Go down

new engine buildfor me old engine for professor Empty new engine buildfor me old engine for professor

Post  foxbody May 24th 2016, 2:19 am

got this old dinosour engine going to need some help from the experts its an old aluminum ford motorsports ar low deck block need a front cover it has a strange front to it not like a regular 460-429 anybody have any ideas or help thanks i will post pictures as it goes together

foxbody

Back to top Go down

new engine buildfor me old engine for professor Empty Re: new engine buildfor me old engine for professor

Post  gt350hr May 24th 2016, 10:30 am

A standard timing cover should still work.

gt350hr

Back to top Go down

new engine buildfor me old engine for professor Empty Re: new engine buildfor me old engine for professor

Post  Paul Kane May 24th 2016, 11:21 am

foxbody wrote:got this...aluminum ford motorsports ar low deck block need a front cover it has a strange front to it not like a regular 460-429 anybody have any ideas or help thanks...
The Arias Root aluminum blocks give you the choice of utilizing their optional gear-driven front accessory drive. You can see the accessory drive boss that is cast into the block on the driver's side at about the 3 o'clock position as viewed from the front of the engine:

new engine buildfor me old engine for professor 40937169-644-1000-HP-Ford-498-CI-Aluminum-Engine-BBF

As gt350r stated, the standard timing cover bolt holes are still in place and you may still use an OEM passenger car front cover if you want and leave the block's gear driven accessory boss to be exposed.

If you wish to take advantage of this feature, the optional accessory drive parts (gears, accessory gear drive front cover, etc) should still be available from Carrol Carter.

That is one of the nicest/coolest 385 Series aluminum block designs ever made (especially with the steel main caps), and is one of the original 385 series block desigbns from Tom Roberts when he was a pattern maker for Nick Arias.
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gt350hr May 24th 2016, 3:42 pm

+1 Great design.

gt350hr

Back to top Go down

Post  foxbody May 25th 2016, 10:27 pm

thanks paul i guess i should have asked you first as that is my motor that you posted the picture of ha ha i am working on getting it up and running it is a work in progress

foxbody

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane May 26th 2016, 7:36 pm

foxbody wrote:thanks paul i guess i should have asked you first as that is my motor that you posted the picture of ha ha i am working on getting it up and running it is a work in progress
Hey Don by all means please feel free to call with questions about any component details and/or during its re-assembly, and I'll try my best to provide answers.

Paul
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum