BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

J.W. The Wheel

4 posters

Go down

J.W. The Wheel Empty J.W. The Wheel

Post  IDT-572 June 7th 2016, 3:48 pm

Part number N93001, just bought on for a customer and its black and light weight not like the ones I have bought before gold.

The ones I have always bought have had a thick center ring about .500 thick for the crank shaft bolts, and flat out to the ring gear.

This one was .150-.180 in the center and dished out to the ring gear. No thick hub at the bolt pattern and about half the weight.

Anyone else had this happen? Have they changed the flex plate, or did I just get one boxed wrong?
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

J.W. The Wheel Empty Re: J.W. The Wheel

Post  D. Sea June 7th 2016, 4:39 pm

Blake,

It's been a while but I had one for a FE a long time ago and it sounds like what you have described.

D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 June 7th 2016, 4:39 pm

The new thin one or the older thick one?
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 7th 2016, 7:57 pm

My jw sounds like yours.i also have a tci that sounds like your thick one. I think I had to use flywheel bolts in it,longer becouse of the thick flange,and had trouble with converter spacing because of it. scratch
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 June 8th 2016, 10:06 am

cool40 wrote:My jw sounds like yours.i also have a tci that sounds like your thick one. I think I had to use flywheel bolts in it,longer becouse of the thick flange,and had trouble with converter spacing because of it. scratch

Same deal here, new one needed 3/8th shorter bolts.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDave65 June 8th 2016, 10:01 pm

Blake, I went through the same thing a couple years ago. The black one has held up pretty good but it's not the piece the old ones were!
BigDave65
BigDave65

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 June 20th 2016, 5:59 pm

Well, found out that JW went away from the original fabricated Wheel and that part number is now a stamped steel flex plate.

They told me they have the old original one and will sale them, but don't advertise them any more.

They also told me the old Wheel didn't have the N in front of the part number, But when Russ and I took his out it had the N90001 part number on it just like the new pressed black one.

They told me they would refund the money or send me one original they had left in stock, but I had to go through my Distributor to get it resolved.

My distributor gave me and RGA number and give me credit for it, but JW wouldn't give them a shipping credit where I had it Saturday delivered for Russ to make the Bash. My sales lady told me she thought her boss would credit me the shipping anyway as it wasn't my fault.

Any way if any one of you want one of the original fabricated JW Wheels you better call and ask them direct to get one.

IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down