BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C6 help

5 posters

Go down

C6 help Empty C6 help

Post  pigs521bbf June 27th 2016, 6:33 pm

I took the motor out to have some machine work done. The Trans was running fine before taking out the old motor with all gears and T-Brake from Frank. Installed the motor and transmission but, it did not go into 1st, 2nd, 3rd checked the fluid and linkage I did have reverse. The fluid was good. I did manage to get it into 1st but pressure builds and loses pressure when I give it gas and the RPM rises but the car rolls then stays still . Maybe I am missing something..

pigs521bbf

Back to top Go down

C6 help Empty Re: C6 help

Post  69F100 June 27th 2016, 8:55 pm

did you make sure the convertor was locked in all the way if not you may have mess the pump up
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl June 28th 2016, 1:35 am

think you didn't have the converter seated and f##k the pump
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  crittersf1 June 30th 2016, 2:37 pm

Frank Merkl wrote:think you didn't have the converter seated and f##k the pump
Frank
Yup, pump is junk
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  FirstEliminator December 5th 2016, 3:34 am

If he has reverse the pump is good. Let the engine run long enough where the trans is allowed to warm up a bit see how the FWD engagement is. I'd suspect the inner seal for the FWD clutch piston. My experience with this seal is it can be a long decline that progressively gets worse or all of a sudden one day it no longer wants to seal until warm. I used to drive my 78 F-100 in reverse out of the neighborhood. Then it'd drive o-k forward to get on the main road. Otherwise I'd sit for 5-10 minutes waiting for it to engage FWD.

Best next step?-------drop the pan. If it's full of metal you may have crammed the convertor or have another issue and it needs to come out. If it's clean/normal then drop the V-B and do some air checks with air pressure regulated down to 30-40 psi to check the FWD clutch circuit.

Mark
FirstEliminator
FirstEliminator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum