BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is this ?

+9
Larry T
richter69
schmitty
bbf-falcon
rmcomprandy
Nevs
bruno
Diggindeeper
Lem Evans
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What is this ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is this ?

Post  56Tbird December 7th 2009, 3:12 pm

I'm sure glad your just a mechanic Fabio instead of a TV or magazine Editor..I'd never get on TV or in a magazine if you were running them. BUT ,,,your not!!! Razz I used to think you were just full of shit because your eyes were brown , But now they're changing to green for some reason Twisted Evil Very Happy
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 December 7th 2009, 6:54 pm

56Tbird wrote:I'm sure glad your just a mechanic Fabio instead of a TV or magazine Editor..I'd never get on TV or in a magazine if you were running them. BUT ,,,your not!!! Razz I used to think you were just full of shit because your eyes were brown , But now they're changing to green for some reason Twisted Evil Very Happy

He just wish he was you wit yo fly ass ride and fly ass girl friend afro afro
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon December 7th 2009, 7:09 pm

Lem Evans wrote:That's with C heads and the adapter spacers..........I think you'll have to rig some sort of flat cap when the manifold is on A heads...Charlie can give you the skinny on that .
So, Are you saying that I will have to run a flat cap w/oem low profile because the cap like on that engine will hit my TR intake Exclamation

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs December 7th 2009, 7:31 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:That's with C heads and the adapter spacers..........I think you'll have to rig some sort of flat cap when the manifold is on A heads...Charlie can give you the skinny on that .
So, Are you saying that I will have to run a flat cap w/oem low profile because the cap like on that engine will hit my TR intake Exclamation

I believe so, Rick. We ran the MSD crank trigger distributor with the TFS tunnelram on our A head combo and it didn't clear by much.
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird December 7th 2009, 7:45 pm

Rick ,I can hook you up with what you'll need. This Dizzy I'm running with my crank trigger will work for you.[img]What is this ? - Page 2 100_1467[/img]
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans December 7th 2009, 7:59 pm

Rick,

The first picture is Phillip's TFS A-460 headed engine with the TFS A-460 tunnel ram, and then an MSD crank trigger and matching low profile crank trigger distributor.

The second picture, with the blue valve covers is Bobby Small's C-460 headed engine, with my adapter plates and the TFS A-460 tunnel ram. Because the tunnel ram sets up higher on the C-460 heads, we were able to run a 429-460 factory Motorcraft distributor, with the pre 1974 small blue cap. The magnetic pick-up and the reluctor in a Ford, are the same guts that MSD uses in their stuff, so we used them to trigger a MSD box, same as one would with a MSD distributor. NOTICE that the bottom front of the plenum has been chamfered at about a 35* angle in order to provide clearance, also the front of the manifold in the area of the water crossover is chamfered for clearance.

In order to run a "poor man's MSD" (meaning 429-460 Motorcraft) distributor with the TFS A-460 tunnel ram on TFS A-460 heads, you must again chamfer the bottom front corner of the plenum, but you DON"T need to chamfer in the water crossover area. However, you must run a low profile Mallory crab cap, that I make an adapter for. I have them in stock. The Keown's run a set-up like what I'm describing and also Kristina Lawyer on her engine. Of course if you want to just run the intended MSD crank trigger combo, like what Phillip and Doug Rahn run,,you can.

Hope this helps explain,

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon December 7th 2009, 8:11 pm

56Tbird wrote:Rick ,I can hook you up with what you'll need. This Dizzy I'm running with my crank trigger will work for you.[img]What is this ? - Page 2 100_1467[/img]
Thats Cool Dano, We will definately work something out. I will take it for sure.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon December 7th 2009, 8:12 pm

c.evans wrote:Rick,

The first picture is Phillip's TFS A-460 headed engine with the TFS A-460 tunnel ram, and then an MSD crank trigger and matching low profile crank trigger distributor.

The second picture, with the blue valve covers is Bobby Small's C-460 headed engine, with my adapter plates and the TFS A-460 tunnel ram. Because the tunnel ram sets up higher on the C-460 heads, we were able to run a 429-460 factory Motorcraft distributor, with the pre 1974 small blue cap. The magnetic pick-up and the reluctor in a Ford, are the same guts that MSD uses in their stuff, so we used them to trigger a MSD box, same as one would with a MSD distributor. NOTICE that the bottom front of the plenum has been chamfered at about a 35* angle in order to provide clearance, also the front of the manifold in the area of the water crossover is chamfered for clearance.

In order to run a "poor man's MSD" (meaning 429-460 Motorcraft) distributor with the TFS A-460 tunnel ram on TFS A-460 heads, you must again chamfer the bottom front corner of the plenum, but you DON"T need to chamfer in the water crossover area. However, you must run a low profile Mallory crab cap, that I make an adapter for. I have them in stock. The Keown's run a set-up like what I'm describing and also Kristina Lawyer on her engine. Of course if you want to just run the intended MSD crank trigger combo, like what Phillip and Doug Rahn run,,you can.

Hope this helps explain,

Charlie
Thanks alot Charlie Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum