BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Toy - buggy

3 posters

Go down

New Toy - buggy Empty New Toy - buggy

Post  66prostreetfairlane September 24th 2016, 12:52 am

In my weekly Craigslist searches I stumbled on a good find out here in SoCal. The little 250cc dune buggies typically go for $1500-2000 running and around $4k new. I happen to find one for $500 due to the guys kids taking it apart to paint and losing interest before putting it all back together. I'm a pretty good judge of character being prior military and from the midwest, he gave me his word if it turned out to be more than i wanted to get into and a money pit to get up and going i could bring it back for my money. That being said everything was there except the carb was undone hanging there. I purchased a new carb off ebay and put in a bigger main jet into it....we got it out tonight and caused some hell in the neighborhood. The kids love it! I still have some minor things to do on it maintenance wise, but over sweet deal! cheers

New Toy - buggy Img_0710
66prostreetfairlane
66prostreetfairlane

https://www.reiautomationsquad.com/

Back to top Go down

New Toy - buggy Empty Re: New Toy - buggy

Post  jbozzelle September 24th 2016, 10:59 am

Sweet. Is it street legal?

A friend of mine built a motorbike out of an old Honda 250 3-wheeler. Custom built the swing arm, etc...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  66prostreetfairlane September 24th 2016, 3:18 pm

jbozzelle wrote:Sweet.  Is it street legal?

A friend of mine built a motorbike out of an old Honda 250 3-wheeler.  Custom built the swing arm, etc...

Unfortunately not street legal, but that doesn't stop us from blasting around the neighborhood. Its got headlights, tailights, and directionals. The thing goes pretty good now that i have the correct size main jet in it. My guess is it does around 40mph. The kids are 8, 6, and 4 that are at the house most of the time so they will enjoy it.

that motorbike sounds like it could be some fun with a 250 behind it!
66prostreetfairlane
66prostreetfairlane

https://www.reiautomationsquad.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 September 24th 2016, 6:54 pm

The ChiCom POS the neighbor had actually had a ton of grease certs on the front end, all bone dry LoL when we greased it. Was a blast especially in the Mud and actually not a bad machine for the money I guess.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum