BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

water pump issue bolt length mezierre

3 posters

Go down

water pump issue bolt length mezierre  Empty water pump issue bolt length mezierre

Post  5pointslow November 15th 2016, 6:34 am

well im having an issue

my last thing im doing to engine before bringing to dyno on Saturday morning is to put the water pump on

I put backing plate on and then the pump , the stainless allen cap bolts are 4 inches long and all four of them come up to long by 1/4-3/8 of an inch to long and stop if i go more they feel like they will break . not sure if any of you guys have had this issue and it gets me there all exactly the same

im bringing a tap extension home today from work with a new tap and see if holes in block are not clean , the machine shop who did my machine work said they re chased all threads when cleaning block
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

water pump issue bolt length mezierre  Empty Re: water pump issue bolt length mezierre

Post  maverick November 15th 2016, 8:57 am

Shorten the bolts?
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

water pump issue bolt length mezierre  Empty Re: water pump issue bolt length mezierre

Post  D. Sea November 15th 2016, 9:01 am

If you're planning on using an engine plate then they are the correct lenght Wink
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow November 15th 2016, 9:14 am

D. Sea wrote:If you're planning on using an engine plate then they are the correct lenght Wink

im not using an engine plate
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow November 15th 2016, 9:15 am

maverick wrote:Shorten the bolts?

this is what im going to be doing , but was not sure if anyone else had this issue

5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow November 15th 2016, 9:52 am

i see on there site they sell spacers ....maybe thats what i needed all along and did not know

5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down