BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QUICK FUEL CARB ?

+16
QtrWarrior
dfree383
605FOX
bbf-falcon
Nevs
ThndrChkn
kjett
jbozzelle
c.evans
res0rli9
Lem Evans
Northwest outlaw
richter69
69F100
Barney
bruno
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

QUICK FUEL CARB ? - Page 3 Empty Re: QUICK FUEL CARB ?

Post  bruno December 15th 2009, 9:55 am

Oakley Motorsports wrote:As a long time monster fuel dealer and a racer that has alot of experience with the Q16 I have never seen either fuel do that. I have seen carbs that have seen moisture or severe weather changes appear that way. Charlie if you are talking about the carbs that I used I never ran your metering blocks or float bowls. I just used the main body for testing. So any residue in the bowl would have been from something else. Nick if you need anything for your carb give me a call and I can help.

Thank you Phillip for the support , im just going to clean her up real good and box her up .... i believe everything should be ok Wink

Thanks again
Nick

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Oakley Motorsports December 15th 2009, 10:55 am

I know you can see some red dye where the metering block gasket was leaking but it also looks like there is some fuel in the power valve cavity. I know your putting new gaskets on but you might want to tighten them up and then remove them and make sure the gasket is seating good in that area.

Oakley Motorsports
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  David Willingham December 15th 2009, 11:34 am

Anodizing would stop all of these problems, but there may be critical dimensions on the main body that can be slightly affected. It is a thought, but I would get Phillip to talk to QF and see what they say. They have clear anodize that would work nice. If all else fails, clean it up and keep it in the house, lol. Preferably like Charlie does, on the kitchen counter!

David
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn December 16th 2009, 10:51 am

Yep, condensation! Nick, my QF carbs look nothing like that. Mikey can attest to this. On our last visit to the track condensation that night was terrible. My car was covered inside and out, especially since it has to sit on the trailer overnight (neighbors would not appreciate me starting it up at midnight to unload Smile ). Any who, when I unload the next morning I always let the engine get up to full temperature before I shut it down and plus my shop is also super insulated, better than my house actually.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  longroofracer December 20th 2009, 3:16 pm

Doug Rahn wrote: Any who, when I unload the next morning I always let the engine get up to full temperature before I shut it down and plus my shop is also super insulated, better than my house actually.

And that is how it should be Smile
longroofracer
longroofracer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3