BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All most done....

5 posters

Go down

All most done.... Empty All most done....

Post  Tennessee Bullitt December 10th 2009, 10:22 pm

Alright guys I have got things ready, Since every one has twisted my arm here it goes, I am ordering a stroker kit from Lem next week, here is the final and done deal......

SCJ heads with a little massage
521 cu in stroker kit
Weiand tunnel ram w/ 2 holleys
Built c4 with a 3,500 to 4,000 stall
A hit of the good ol Nitrous
D1VE block

I am stuck on the different compression but I am leaning to the higher one. I have a choice of 10 to 1 or a 13.2 to 1 compression. I like the higher because yours truley has been hooked line and sinker. If you read this Lem or Shawn I am going to order the full forged stroker kit. The cam is still going to be a solid flat tappet unless I can squeeze a little extra cash out my A$$ for a roller, but if not one will come later. Anyone see a problem with this setup? I am not going to get rid of the tunnel ram, I know the cons and I am willing to deal with it. I know since I want the higher compression I have decided for the full forged kit. The block is unmolested and I think that since I am putting studs in everything on this block it will do for now till my funds are build back up for a aftermarket block. To all my big block brothers I thank you for riding my rear and beating me to do this right.
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

All most done.... Empty Re: All most done....

Post  rmcomprandy December 10th 2009, 10:50 pm

Whatever a Flat-top piston at "0" deck gives you for a compression ratio is what I'd use.
I remember it being somewhere around 12.8/1 to 13.2/1 ratio.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty December 10th 2009, 10:52 pm

Absolutely nothing wrong with a solid flat tappet cam, RM has said many times that there are a lot of better lobe profiles for the SF when staying below certain target RPM ranges. Money saved can be used to better build other areas. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt December 10th 2009, 10:59 pm

I will check on the pistons, all I know so far is probe said 13.2 to 1 compression with these heads. Even though I am probaly starting this thing up with a solid flat tappet I'd still like to go to 6,500 rpms or more. I know since I jump ship to a full forged kit I don't have no more worries. All that is left with the block machining is setting up a little extra room for nitrous. I guess either way I will need a custom soild cam.
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty December 10th 2009, 11:06 pm

Custom is the way to go, small price to pay for an optimum deal. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 December 10th 2009, 11:13 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:Whatever a Flat-top piston at "0" deck gives you for a compression ratio is what I'd use.
I remember it being somewhere around 12.8/1 to 13.2/1 ratio.

That gets my vote also...............
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt December 10th 2009, 11:36 pm

Do I need to leave a little room for the nitrous shot or not? Remember it will be based on how the motor is. Hell I might just only have a 100 shot but I know no more than 200 for sure with that high compression.
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans December 11th 2009, 12:14 am

Like what Randy said, 12.8 to 13.2, or whatever the flat-top compression piston is,,,,,,,point being that is NOT too much compression for running nitrous.

In regards to your Weiand tunnel ram, using it is fine with me, however please run at least a pair of 800 cfm carbs on it. If you don't have a pair that big, I think I can find a pair of 850 Quick Fuel carbs around here already set-up for the 2 X 4 deal, that I'd sell.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt December 14th 2009, 12:53 am

Here is some teaser pics..... I can't wait to finish up the oreder with Lem.All most done.... P1000298 {2}All most done.... P1000299 {2}
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum