BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cast in Cloverleaf

3 posters

Go down

Cast in Cloverleaf Empty Cast in Cloverleaf

Post  wickettoby1 August 24th 2018, 3:31 pm

I've done a bunch of searching on the google "machine" and I cant really seem to find an answer to the following questions.

1) What is the idea behind the cast in cloverleaf carb entry on say the AFR intakes?

2) At what point would you mill out the cloverleaf and turn it into a regular square plenum?

I understand how adding or removing carb spacers can effect plenum volume and how every different engine combo likes a particular setup I just don't understand the cloverleaf thing. I believe this info pertains to both a 4150 and 4500 style carb pads but I could be mistaken.

Justin

wickettoby1

Back to top Go down

Cast in Cloverleaf Empty Re: Cast in Cloverleaf

Post  rmcomprandy August 24th 2018, 5:13 pm

wickettoby1 wrote:I've done a bunch of searching on the google "machine" and I cant really seem to find an answer to the following questions.

1) What is the idea behind the cast in cloverleaf carb entry on say the AFR intakes?

2) At what point would you mill out the cloverleaf and turn it into a regular square plenum?

I understand how adding or removing carb spacers can effect plenum volume and how every different engine combo likes a particular setup I just don't understand the cloverleaf thing. I believe this info pertains to both a 4150 and 4500 style carb pads but I could be mistaken.

Justin

A Clover-leaf  is usually used so, the air velocity does not change very much from the exiting of the carb into the manifold plenum.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans August 24th 2018, 7:54 pm

429 or 598". 5,500 rpm or 8,500 rpm ? If it's a LARGE sure enough racing engine it's just another thing to remove.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wickettoby1 August 24th 2018, 7:59 pm

That's kinda what I figured and I'm sure it's like everything else, there's no perfect answer as to when it should be removed.

wickettoby1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down