BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can any damage occure form cranking over engine with carb cap on ?

+2
69F100
nuclearcobra
6 posters

Go down

Can any damage occure form cranking over engine with carb cap on ? Empty Can any damage occure form cranking over engine with carb cap on ?

Post  nuclearcobra December 19th 2009, 9:15 am

was just curious i only tried cranking it three times before i relized i forgot to take the carb cap and rubber gasket off and i keep it on snug so it was preaty sealed just wondering where will it pull vacuum from,the valve covers are sealed with a e-vac system going down to headers with the one check valve.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Can any damage occure form cranking over engine with carb cap on ? Empty Re: Can any damage occure form cranking over engine with carb cap on ?

Post  69F100 December 19th 2009, 10:12 am

I wouldn't think it would have hurt anything but the plugs from flooding them with gas did you try it after taking the cap off
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Can any damage occure form cranking over engine with carb cap on ? Empty Re: Can any damage occure form cranking over engine with carb cap on ?

Post  dfree383 December 19th 2009, 10:48 am

Shouldnt hurt anything, I've done the stupid thing myself a time or two.... Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 19th 2009, 11:58 am

act just like a choke, just flood it a bit. We have all done it at one time or another.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra December 19th 2009, 1:13 pm

Thanks guys that makes me feel better and it did start up after but smoked a little while idleing like it would when it had a few torn valve seals but i guess it was from flooding the plugs and maybe a fouled one and sitting for a month now without starting it. Or maybe when i had it reved to 7k and spilled my glass of beer down the carb Very Happy just kidding on that one.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bigjohn2007 December 23rd 2009, 12:10 am

nuclearcobra wrote:Thanks guys that makes me feel better and it did start up after but smoked a little while idleing like it would when it had a few torn valve seals but i guess it was from flooding the plugs and maybe a fouled one and sitting for a month now without starting it. Or maybe when i had it reved to 7k and spilled my glass of beer down the carb Very Happy just kidding on that one.

That is something easy to do so don't feel bad we all get lost sometimes Very Happy
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn December 23rd 2009, 7:05 am

Won't hurt a thing. This is my embarassing moment at the Bash lol! . I forgot to take the scoop plug out affraid It ran like a dog, but tire spin was no problem Can any damage occure form cranking over engine with carb cap on ? Smilies-14160

Can any damage occure form cranking over engine with carb cap on ? Th_DSCF1192
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down