BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking about putting a 10 point cage in my coupe...

5 posters

Go down

Thinking about putting a 10 point cage in my coupe... Empty Thinking about putting a 10 point cage in my coupe...

Post  8liter Fri 25 Dec 2009 - 12:14

Ive got an 84 coupe that I have a 4 point rollbar in right now. What do I need to look for in a prefab kit? CM or mildsteel? Do I have to take the front and back glass out to weld in the bars? Any tricks to getting it in without pulling the dash? I would like to get it certified at some point. I'll also be minitubing it and I'm going to try and keep the stock rear shocks like Joe Mayabb did.

Casey
8liter
8liter

Back to top Go down

Thinking about putting a 10 point cage in my coupe... Empty Re: Thinking about putting a 10 point cage in my coupe...

Post  bigjohn2007 Fri 25 Dec 2009 - 18:33

i put the jegster roll bar kit in mine and it mildsteel. the guy that put mine in took the speaker vent out and put the bar threw it and then run one bar side to side under the dash you can't see it unless you look under the dash and the tubes are 1-5/8x.134 wall.
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Thinking about putting a 10 point cage in my coupe... Empty Re: Thinking about putting a 10 point cage in my coupe...

Post  8liter Fri 25 Dec 2009 - 19:43

My dash is a little different than the 87-93 cars. I guess I could run it down in front of the dash. Is your cage certified?
8liter
8liter

Back to top Go down

Post  bigjohn2007 Fri 25 Dec 2009 - 21:57

8liter wrote:My dash is a little different than the 87-93 cars. I guess I could run it down in front of the dash. Is your cage certified?
no it not certified
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  kevinkrein Mon 18 Jan 2010 - 3:21

I would like to see the finished pics of how you put the cage in because I have an 84 coupe that is in the build stage and will be for a while yep.
kevinkrein
kevinkrein

Back to top Go down

Post  Outlaw5.0 Mon 18 Jan 2010 - 22:19

TeamZmotorsports(1-734-946-7223) would be good place to consider. Much goes into a good cage that not only helps the car work, but also keeps your safe.

Outlaw5.0

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper Tue 19 Jan 2010 - 0:44

I like the looks of the Team Z stuff but I have to support my Texas boys and promote the use of the Wolfe Racecraft kits. Very well designed and pretty good on the wallet compared to a lot of companies out there. Wolfe Race Craft

I personally like the chromoly cages but depending on what you do it may not be in your best interest to spend that kind of cash for the kit and welding. Mild steel is cheaper to install. It is not hard to take the dash out. I think that I would pull the dash and clearance it for the bars just like the later year models.

As for the minitub kit, Wolfe and Team Z's stuf are both top notch. I have the wolfe kit and the install was pretty straight forward in my own garage. We run coil-overs for the valving and control so I really don't know anything about running the stock shocks with that setup.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down