BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front sump vs rear sump

2 posters

Go down

Front sump vs rear sump Empty Front sump vs rear sump

Post  Steve-oh June 2nd 2020, 11:52 am

I'm build my new engine which is a 557 for my mega truck tube chassis ranger, I am currently running a factory front sump pan, my engine builder is telling me I need to run a rear sump pan cause of obvious reasons of oil flowing to the rear of the engine under launches, I have no oiling issues at all currently with my current engine, I was going to go with the canton deep front sump pan with a hv pump , which I am running the same pump now, suspension at full compression comes right up the the back of the front sump so it's not in the cards, is there something else I can do or is the pan sufficient enough?

Steve-oh

Back to top Go down

Front sump vs rear sump Empty Re: Front sump vs rear sump

Post  rmcomprandy June 2nd 2020, 4:55 pm

Steve-oh wrote:I'm build my new engine which is a 557 for my mega truck tube chassis ranger, I am currently running a factory front sump pan, my engine builder is telling me I need to run a rear sump pan cause of obvious reasons of oil flowing to the rear of the engine under launches, I have no oiling issues at all currently with my current engine, I was going to go with the canton deep front sump pan with a hv pump , which I am running the same pump now, suspension at full compression comes right up the the back of the front sump so it's not in the cards, is there something else I can do or is the pan sufficient enough?

Simply use the pan with the deepest sump that will fit into the chassis ...

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down