BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFS tunnel ram intake

+2
cool40
57ford custom
6 posters

Go down

TFS tunnel ram intake Empty TFS tunnel ram intake

Post  57ford custom November 17th 2020, 5:04 pm

I would like to put on a trick flow tunnel ram with dual carbs on my 526 with sr71 heads. I know the port match is not right but where will I have to grind to make it fit? The intake manifold or the heads or will it fit at all? I all ready have an old Weiand tunnel ram on it now so will going to the expense of changing intakes make a decent horsepower increase or not. The intake is around 650.00 but I can do the grinding.
57ford custom
57ford custom

Back to top Go down

TFS tunnel ram intake Empty Re: TFS tunnel ram intake

Post  cool40 November 17th 2020, 8:53 pm

If you are referring to the A460 intake I don’t think it’ll fit the sr71 head.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 18th 2020, 1:37 pm

57ford custom wrote:I would like to put on a trick flow tunnel ram with dual carbs on my 526 with sr71 heads. I know the port match is not right but where will I have to grind to make it fit? The intake manifold or the heads or will it fit at all? I all ready have an old Weiand tunnel ram on it now so will going to the expense of changing intakes make a decent horsepower increase or not. The intake is around 650.00 but I can do the grinding.

That manifold won't fit ... ever.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

jasonf likes this post

Back to top Go down

TFS tunnel ram intake Empty Why??

Post  beech17201 November 24th 2020, 2:46 pm

I'm sure Bill and Mary Price make one. I just removed a CJ port intake with adaptors to TFS heads. And I don't understand that either.

beech17201

Back to top Go down

Post  DJOHAGIN November 25th 2020, 7:37 pm

Seeing that looking for more power than your current set-up, contacting Jon Kasse for a custom intake would be ideal, and you’ll know you’re going to have correct runner length and volume for your combo.

Dave

DJOHAGIN

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 25th 2020, 8:40 pm

beech17201 wrote:I'm sure Bill and Mary Price make one. I just removed a CJ port intake with adaptors to TFS heads. And I don't understand that either.

That manifold is already considerably wider so, if one cut and narrowed then re-welded the manifold at the plenum about 2", he'd be close.
Less narrowing, if one machines the extended intake flange off each head to stock height.

Definitely NOT something for a non-engine builder to try.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf November 26th 2020, 8:43 pm

beech17201 wrote:I'm sure Bill and Mary Price make one. I just removed a CJ port intake with adaptors to TFS heads. And I don't understand that either.

The CJ manifold is narrower as Randy has mentioned. The adapters Price Motorsports makes is to put a cj manifold on a A460 head not the other way around.

http://www.pricemotorsport.com/html/body_ap-11__intake_adapter_kit.html

TFS tunnel ram intake Price_10
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DJOHAGIN November 27th 2020, 11:02 am

https://www.429-460.com/t27219-jon-kaase-sr71-cylinder-heads

The above thread shows the kind of power increase you can expect by going to a properly done TR set-up.

I’m assuming you are requiring more than 1,100 hp than what you’re currently making?

Dave

DJOHAGIN

Back to top Go down

TFS tunnel ram intake Empty tunnel ram

Post  57ford custom December 7th 2020, 8:22 pm

I bought a Speedmaster (i know I know I know} It is mainly a blower manifold but it has a removeable top the when used you can fit 2 Holleys with a single fuel inlet per carb. They are very close when facing for and aft as I call it but will fit. I made a tapered divider as I called it to help (or hurt) whatever. It looked good and went on very easily but didn't work as good as it should as my car should run about 130 in 10.50 or 60 but it only went 120 at 1120. It did look good and started and idled as good as I expected it to being the cam is somewhat (racey) I didn't try my 750 Edelbrock  750's as they might have worked better and been easier to bolt on as they are shorter. What I am looking for is kinda the old FE style single plane tunnel wedge look but it has to perform also. I may have to make some more mods to the old Weiand tunnel ram. I know that works pretty  good in my opinion I would like to get the darn thing to run consistant 10'00's NA. Very Happy
57ford custom
57ford custom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum