BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFS Old Style Tunnel Ram Plenum Spacer

4 posters

Go down

TFS Old Style Tunnel Ram Plenum Spacer  Empty TFS Old Style Tunnel Ram Plenum Spacer

Post  G-Code February 1st 2021, 1:57 am

I got this tunnel ram from Lem many many moons ago. I thought it was going to get to run on the 840 hp 528" engine I dyno'd years back but we had some technical difficulties at the dyno session ( the builder forgot to surface the manifold so it didn't fit when Steve ( from Westch) and I went to swap it. Never made it back to the dyno)

Anyway, I've always thought the plenum to be kind of on the small side approx 290", so I made a spacer to increase the volume .

I "repurposed" some aluminum bar that was behind my dad's barn. I did the cutting and fitting, I had a friend weld it up and dad did the machine work ( on his antique Bridgeport). It started out at 2.5" tall and it was machined down to 2".

TFS Old Style Tunnel Ram Plenum Spacer  IMG_2644(1)

TFS Old Style Tunnel Ram Plenum Spacer  IMG_2797

TFS Old Style Tunnel Ram Plenum Spacer  IMG_2967
TFS Old Style Tunnel Ram Plenum Spacer  IMG_2987(1)

TFS Old Style Tunnel Ram Plenum Spacer  IMG_2998

TFS Old Style Tunnel Ram Plenum Spacer  IMG_3113

TFS Old Style Tunnel Ram Plenum Spacer  IMG_3178

TFS Old Style Tunnel Ram Plenum Spacer  IMG_3168

All done and ready for some dyno testing on the 565 later this year. If it works well I'll clean it up and maybe make a revised version of it. I now have the plenum area measuring approx 500". We'll see how it runs against the new style TR. Target power is 7,200 for the new TR,
TFS Old Style Tunnel Ram Plenum Spacer  IMG_3170

G-Code

Curt, J.Toney, cool40, Mark Miller and Paul Kane like this post

Back to top Go down

TFS Old Style Tunnel Ram Plenum Spacer  Empty Re: TFS Old Style Tunnel Ram Plenum Spacer

Post  Lem Evans March 10th 2021, 7:50 pm

Nice!

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

TFS Old Style Tunnel Ram Plenum Spacer  Empty Re: TFS Old Style Tunnel Ram Plenum Spacer

Post  dfree383 March 11th 2021, 7:41 am

Johnny Holmes Lives!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  J.Toney March 12th 2021, 2:22 pm

I'd still love to have one on a build. Nice work!!!!
J.Toney
J.Toney

Back to top Go down

Post  G-Code March 14th 2021, 2:40 am

Lem Evans wrote:Nice!

We'll see what happens here down the road.  A/B  test and see what happens.

It will be topped off with these guys that I sent off a couple month back. They showed up on Tuesday.   C&J Engineering ( here in So Cal rebuilt two of my 1,050's: I had him rebuilt them to my order: Progressive linkage with a PV in the primaries.

TFS Old Style Tunnel Ram Plenum Spacer  Updated_1050's
TFS Old Style Tunnel Ram Plenum Spacer  IMG_3515

G-Code

Mark Miller and 2 wicked like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down