BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to purchase cam

+3
manofmerc
2 wicked
MickRich
7 posters

Go down

Where to purchase cam Empty Where to purchase cam

Post  MickRich February 27th 2021, 4:50 pm

Hi all, looking for recomendations on where to get cam from for 447 fe stroker looking for somewhere / someone who can supply hyd roller, would like to be able to get cam lifters and springs etc from the one source as need shipping to the uk so much easier if all coming from one place,
Cheers Mick

MickRich

Back to top Go down

Where to purchase cam Empty Re: Where to purchase cam

Post  2 wicked February 27th 2021, 8:54 pm

Hello Mick, I had really good experience with Mike Jones - Jones Cam Designs. Super nice guy to deal with and prompt service. Mike is on a few sites known as camking. Good luck cory

2 wicked

gt350hr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Where to purchase cam Empty Ford fe technical forum

Post  manofmerc March 8th 2021, 6:44 am

Another good fe guy is Brent Lykins he can be found at ford fe technical forum.Doug

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

gt350hr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 March 8th 2021, 7:04 am

Randy Malick on here is good with FE’s

RM Competition
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno March 8th 2021, 9:07 am

dfree383 wrote:Randy Malick on here is good with FE’s

RM Competition

X2 on Randy !

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  wickettoby1 March 8th 2021, 9:48 am

I’m sure Survival Motorsports can get you whatever FE stuff you need, they specialize in them.

wickettoby1

Back to top Go down

Post  MickRich March 8th 2021, 10:31 am

I tried getting in touch will survival at the start of the build as I was trying to get everything from one place to aid shipping costs but never got a reply and I then tried again for cam etc but still never heard anything back but what I can gather it is notoriously hard to get hold of them, I come across Brent Lykin yesterday via another ford forum so sent him an email and he replied within 15 mins which I wasnt expecting at all especially being over the weekend also, but hopefully he can sort things for me. Thanks for replies guys

MickRich

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 8th 2021, 11:29 am

MickRich wrote:I tried getting in touch will survival at the start of the build as I was trying to get everything from one place to aid shipping costs but never got a reply and I then tried again for cam etc but still never heard anything back but what I can gather it is notoriously hard to get hold of them, I come across Brent Lykin yesterday via another ford forum so sent him an email and he replied within 15 mins which I wasnt expecting at all especially being over the weekend also, but hopefully he can sort things for me. Thanks for replies guys

At this time there is a giant "Blank Core" problem with a bunch of different engine cams.
Finding a cam company which has that CORE on the shelf or a warehouse with a "catalog" camshaft in stock, is probably the only option, unless you are willing to wait; maybe even a few months.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wickettoby1 March 8th 2021, 2:09 pm

MickRich wrote:I tried getting in touch will survival at the start of the build as I was trying to get everything from one place to aid shipping costs but never got a reply and I then tried again for cam etc but still never heard anything back but what I can gather it is notoriously hard to get hold of them, I come across Brent Lykin yesterday via another ford forum so sent him an email and he replied within 15 mins which I wasnt expecting at all especially being over the weekend also, but hopefully he can sort things for me. Thanks for replies guys

Sorry to hear that about Survival, ive never personally done any business with them but have always heard that they know their way around an FE. Glad you found someone else willing to help.

Just curious what vehicle are you putting an FE in?

wickettoby1

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 March 8th 2021, 8:25 pm

wickettoby1 wrote:

Sorry to hear that about Survival, ive never personally done any business with them but have always heard that they know their way around an FE. Glad you found someone else willing to help.

Barry knows FE’s they are his core business and he’s very good with them. He’s just so busy it’s hard to get with him.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  MickRich March 10th 2021, 4:43 am

Engine going in 63 galaxie, 447 stroker (4.090 × 4.250) scat bottom end edelbrock heads and intake that came on the original 390 now going with custom hydraulic roller by Brent at Lykin motorsport and backed by tremec 5 speed, this being done for a customer

MickRich

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 10th 2021, 7:10 pm

wickettoby1 wrote:

Survival Motorsports are in the process of moving their entire operation to a different location miles away.
Things are going very slowly there until the move and set-up gets complete.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down