BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Computer For Stack Injection ?

3 posters

Go down

Computer For Stack Injection ? Empty Computer For Stack Injection ?

Post  427HISS June 11th 2021, 9:46 pm

I'm buying a stack injection system, but I'll need a stand alone computer/controller. What are the say, the top 3-5 and why ?

427HISS

Back to top Go down

Computer For Stack Injection ? Empty Re: Computer For Stack Injection ?

Post  427HISS July 10th 2021, 4:45 pm

Anyone ?

427HISS

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf July 11th 2021, 3:45 pm

Have you asked whomever you are buying the stack injection from?

Out of the reasonably affordable universal setups out there I would use the Holley. I have the HPefi but I don't have stack injection, just a 4150. My friend works on all brands but prefers the Holley. He never has anything good to say about other brands like Fast, Fitech or Megasquirt even though he does tune them. For race cars there are other brands like Big Stuff etc. I don't have a race car so I can't comment on them.

For stack injection a couple people I would as would be Kaase because they seem to build a lot of them on Boss motors, they should have plenty of first hand experience. I remember at the BBF Tech Seminar he mentioned trying other brands when they first started producing their manifold and quickly figured out what works the best. I believe they use Holley now. The other place I would try is Alky Digger.

https://jonkaaseracingengines.com/shop/boss-nine-parts/boss-nine-stack-injection/
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  427HISS July 11th 2021, 5:56 pm

The injection company, Specialty Vehicle Builders, likes the Fast EZ, but my buddy & tuner does not like them, he likes to detail every aspect of the engine, so he likes the Holley

Holley 554-113 - Holley HP EFI ECU and Harness Kits
Part Number: HLY-554-113

https://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/HLY-554-113_MA.jpg?rep=

$1,433.95

Specialty Vehicle Builders-

https://specialtyvehiclebuilders.com/shop/ols/products/big-block-ford-429-460-downdraft-polished-stack-fuel-injection-complete-external-fuel-pump.

I on the other hand, know nothing....about electronic injection.

427HISS

Back to top Go down

Post  6t6mustang July 11th 2021, 7:23 pm

It doesn't specifically matter which system you use if it has speed density tuning, but, the one i have done was a holley system and it ended up running great. the stacks were hilborn. the tricky part is transition tuning, this one was a stick shift ls engine. make sure the throttle bodies are tied to a common plenum where the map sensor is located. nothing quite looks like an 8 stack... Cool
6t6mustang
6t6mustang

Back to top Go down

Post  427HISS July 13th 2021, 8:52 am

How do you like your P-51 heads

6t6mustang wrote:It doesn't specifically matter which system you use if it has speed density tuning, but, the one i have done was a holley system and it ended up running great. the stacks were hilborn. the tricky part is transition tuning, this one was a stick shift ls engine. make sure the throttle bodies are tied to a common plenum where the map sensor is located. nothing quite looks like an 8 stack... Cool

427HISS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down