BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extreme Newbi Needs help

3 posters

Go down

Extreme Newbi Needs help Empty Extreme Newbi Needs help

Post  Bill February 21st 2022, 12:09 pm

Howdy from Texas,
I want to start by apologizing if this question has been asked before, I don’t have the time to scour the forum for an answer and I need one FAST.

I am looking at buying a 1979 F250 Highboy Supercab. The seller (who is a truck outfitter, but is NOT an engine mechanic) took the truck in trade from a customer.

The customer said the original engine was replaced “recently” with a 429 Cobra Super Jet and only has 1500 miles on the rebuilt engine.

The engine’s serial number is:
D1VE-6015-A2B

I know next to nothing about this type of engine, but a basic internet search has the engine serial number coming back as:
D1: 1971
V: Lincoln
E: Engine

I don't know what the 6015 and A2B are......

What suggestions do ya’ll have for me? How do I confirm or deny the engine is what he says it is?
I have looked at every Ford “Part Number” chart and reference I could find online. Any help would be appreciated.

Bill

Back to top Go down

Extreme Newbi Needs help Empty Re: Extreme Newbi Needs help

Post  wickettoby1 February 21st 2022, 6:07 pm

Posting the same question multiple times won’t get it answered any faster!!!!

wickettoby1

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino February 23rd 2022, 2:51 am

D1VE block is a standard 429/460 block. The 6015 number denotes it as an engine part.
The cylinder heads for CJ/SCJ engines will be D00E-R casting just above the exhaust ports next to the valve cover rail.
Standard cylinder heads will be  either C8VE, C9VE, D0VE, or D3VE which are 1968, 1969, 1970, and 1973 respectively.

Last edited by BBFTorino on February 23rd 2022, 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clearity)

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum