BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

aftermarket 460 block

+9
Coupe Devil
supervel45
rmcomprandy
BBFTorino
dfree383
Paul Kane
Dave De
hbstang
snuff98
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

aftermarket 460 block - Page 2 Empty Re: aftermarket 460 block

Post  Dave De August 8th 2023, 8:20 pm

supervel45 wrote:
Dave De wrote:This all looks very bad. Those of you that are in the business must be very concerned. As time goes by the likelihood of high end blocks is slipping away.
Even Pontiac has Butler providing blocks.

Whatever happened to Eliminator with their CGI blocks?

There is some hope on this deal for some American Companies But!

I was checking on 134A pricing and likely future availabilty because it's nice to be cool on the older vehicles and the current import status in case I need some in the future I though it might be good idea at $10.99 for 12oz. while I can.

No link. It was in the first links on this kind of stuff made public but aimed at Big Corps..

The foreign dumping regs. status is in effect for you guested it to help our Corps. stay safe that is a Must Have for everyone.

The BUT, is the Green stuff is a chip in play.

Anyway hope it all works out and things go good for the smaller guys in the Biz. All ways need something good in oct. BUT

With the press shying away from so much going on and so much at stake less is sometimes good so there's that.

We know the flip sides of how that goes if you have been around long enough.

If it is real and not saber rattling and goes South the talk will be over and the Praying will start. It gave me hope that this may blow over. On the other hand it might be to help stocks. Just the way it is. The other green is very mean.

That talk on the TV News Thur. Friday on ABC World Sucked. If you didn't watch that was good for your weekend hopefully. I'm just going to skip it for now, and pretend it was more BS.

We could all use some good news on Monday, that's for sure.

Hey Super-Thanks for the heads up on 134a. It will be outlawed Jan 2024. You can buy 12 oz cans on Amazon for around $10. I may order 2 dozen cans or more especially if its used in my home AC. There is no good press on the new refrigerant. Soon enough we will be using swamp coolers for everything. I'm glad I'm old.
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 August 8th 2023, 8:48 pm

Yea I picked up a case awhile back for much less then that. We just kinda threw in the towel and go 2+2 air now.

Gotta toughen up anyway it's likely to get much worse before it gets any better. 108 down here is a bitch though. Evil or Very Mad

Check the Name Plate on your Home A/C Condenser. The old stuff was R-22 and later 410A and they had many blends and all kinds of replacements for awhile. The 134a was the R-12 replacement and more for refrigeration. Basiclly they Fucked it all to Shit in 1992 under the Montreal Phrotcol under Fuckstick President Bush I when DuPont's Patients Expired.

I don't know where the guy gets all his Ford info but, he is way more connected than me, and seemed very positive on the blocks. We have been promised for so long I have my doubts. It looks like Randy was right again and Ford is going to go for Maximum Profit on the Crates for awhile. Hopefully they sit at that price and Short Blocks for much less come around with SR-71 valve relief's.

Note the adds says built with available parts. The FRPP add has more detail.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave De August 8th 2023, 10:03 pm

supervel45 wrote:Yea I picked up a case awhile back for much less then that. We just kinda threw in the towel and go 2+2 air now.

Gotta toughen up anyway it's likely to get much worse before it gets any better. 108 down here is a bitch though. Evil or Very Mad

Check the Name Plate on your Home A/C Condenser. The old stuff was R-22 and later 410A and they had many blends and all kinds of replacements for awhile. The 134a was the R-12 replacement and more for refrigeration. Basiclly they Fucked it all to Shit in 1992 under the Montreal Phrotcol under Fuckstick President Bush I when DuPont's Patients Expired.

I don't know where the guy gets all his Ford info but, he is way more connected than me, and seemed very positive on the blocks. We have been promised for so long I have my doubts. It looks like Randy was right again and Ford is going to go for Maximum Profit on the Crates for awhile. Hopefully they sit at that price and Short Blocks for much less come around with SR-71 valve relief's.

Note the adds says built with available parts. The FRPP add has more detail.

Yes... home AC is R410 that now costs $35 to 60 per pound. It will be phased out Jan 2025. Gotta buy some of that as well. Stupid green people.
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 August 8th 2023, 10:48 pm

Never Forget. Ever! Dark Brandon Put us Right Back In.

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/briefings-statements/statement-president-trump-paris-climate-accord/#:~:text=Therefore%2C%20in%20order%20to%20fulfill,are%20fair%20to%20the%20United

A/C going to be for Rich Elites Only if They Get Their Way! Eat Shit and Be Happy, Plebs.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 August 8th 2023, 11:49 pm

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c/refrigerant/chemours-opteon-yf-1234yf-refrigerant-10-lbs/fre1/1234yf clown

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c/refrigerant/chemours-opteon-yf-1234yf-refrigerant-25-lbs/fre1/1234yf25

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 9th 2023, 9:47 am

All I am going to say on this is that the EPA has way, WAY to much influence of some laws which get passed.

They NEED to be "reeled in".

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

cool40 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 August 9th 2023, 12:13 pm

^ At one time I would have agreed with that like in the 1970's and into the 80's.

And I still do somewhat but, They are not the biggest Problem.

From what I saw in my profession in the late 1980's when President Bush(I) got in they used the International Agreement in Montreal Canada to greatly expand their influence. It was NOT JUST ABOUT REFRIGERANT. They wanted to Convert All Fleet Vehicles over 50 Trucks to Propane and or CNG and MUCH MORE. The EPA got left holding the bag to do the dirty work and be the whipping boys, to take the heat off the Poly's and Corporations. They both Profited greatly from it, as well as many Contractors that LOBBIED for it, so home and business owners could not do their own repairs, ECT..

Now it is full on UN WEF, used as a Vechicle for World Domination and to Cripple the U.S. and the EU and Also Handicap NATO, in my view, as Well as Shift Power to China. Our Elite are Heavly invested There {China} and Make Out Like Bandits Again.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/08/09/world-leaders-must-be-ringmasters-to-push-green-agenda-says-un-climate-chief/

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 9th 2023, 6:16 pm

supervel45 wrote:^ At one time I would have agreed with that like in the 1970's and into the 80's.

And I still do somewhat but, They are not the biggest Problem.

From what I saw in my profession in the late 1980's when President Bush(I) got in they used the International Agreement in Montreal Canada to greatly expand their influence. It was NOT JUST ABOUT REFRIGERANT. They wanted to Convert All Fleet Vehicles over 50 Trucks to Propane and or CNG and MUCH MORE. The EPA got left holding the bag to do the dirty work and be the whipping boys, to take the heat off the Poly's and Corporations. They both Profited greatly from it, as well as many Contractors that LOBBIED for it, so home and business owners could not do their own repairs, ECT..

Now it is full on UN WEF, used as a Vechicle for World Domination and to Cripple the U.S. and the EU and Also Handicap NATO, in my view, as Well as Shift Power to China. Our Elite are Heavly invested There {China} and Make Out Like Bandits Again.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/08/09/world-leaders-must-be-ringmasters-to-push-green-agenda-says-un-climate-chief/

THAT "bag holding" has nothing to do with laws getting passed.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 August 9th 2023, 8:01 pm

^ True That. Also Ratifing Treaties.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 August 9th 2023, 8:17 pm

supervel45 wrote:I guess we will find out soon enough, what's going on? Might be 7 complete engines out there? Time will tell.

https://www.fordracingbyspeedshopdirect.com/Ford_Performance_572ci_655HP_Big_Block_Rear_Sump_p/m-6007-572dr.htm

Maybe it's my eyes playing tricks? Did they Just raise the price  about a $1000 bucks or from 18k something to $19,750 ?

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 August 10th 2023, 12:53 am

Nevermind, I thought another place had some 572's but it looks like not.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 12th 2023, 7:53 am

rmcomprandy wrote:All I am going to say on this is that the EPA has way, WAY to much influence of some laws which get passed.

They don’t have laws passed that’s the problem….. they make up their own rules and regulations that treated as laws but never go thru our elected lawmakers to be approved.

dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

John Myrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 August 12th 2023, 2:52 pm

^

https://www.reuters.com/legal/government/us-supreme-court-limits-federal-power-curb-carbon-emissions-2022-06-30/

And a Little on the New Refrigerant Scam II. Looks Like President Reagan Signed off on the Scam I on his way out the door Jan. 1,1989. President Bush I took the Heat, when it was implemented, Though, I remember That. Wiki shows Congress Passed Part of Scam II {AIM ACT} in Dec.27,2020. I don't know if President Trump Signed it or if they had a Super Majarioty Vote, an if he was MIA {Pretty Much} by then. THEY STUCK IT IN A COVID RELIEF BILL by the WAY! We all know how that WAS and "IS"!

https://www.epa.gov/climate-hfcs-reduction/background-hfcs-and-aim-act#:~:text=The%20AIM%20Act%20authorizes%20EPA,technologies%20through%20sector%2Dbased%20restrictions.

A little more below, on the Scam I and Don't forget a Republican President Named Richard Milhous Nixon Started { Or a Democrat House/Senate and Supreme Court Did } the EPA in 1970.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-410A

The  Ford Crates are Actually in Stock per one supplier. Still 7 listed in stock from 2 sources, 8/12/2023.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark O'Neal August 15th 2023, 7:49 pm

snuff98 wrote:Will anyone ever make another aftermarket 460 block?  I am not talking about a new or improved version just a ford racing a460 or an idt block.  Looks like ford took the part number off the books.

My guess is no. The aftermarket will devolve into what is was in the 1970's, then 1960's, then fade away. A combination of stupid political policies and corporatism will kill it.

That and it's pretty much a grey-beard hobby.

Mark O'Neal

QtrWarrior likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark O'Neal August 15th 2023, 7:55 pm

dfree383 wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:All I am going to say on this is that the EPA has way, WAY to much influence of some laws which get passed.

They don’t have laws passed that’s the problem….. they make up their own rules and regulations that treated as laws but never go thru our elected lawmakers to be approved.

"This fall, the Supreme Court will hear several cases affording promising opportunities to rein in the federal administrative state. The court has agreed to decide cases that challenge the practice of federal courts showing judicial deference to agency interpretations of the laws they are charged with enforcing as well as the constitutionality of an agency funding scheme that’s free from the congressional appropriations process and regular congressional oversight."

Mark O'Neal

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans August 15th 2023, 9:43 pm

supervel45 wrote:Nevermind, I thought another place had some 572's but it looks like not.

There was a big batch of blocks sent to the engine plant that does the crate engines. They are not done yet. What you are seeing is that Ford has made the part number active again.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

The Mad Porter and J.Toney like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 August 15th 2023, 11:38 pm

^ Did they let 7 out as a tease? Summit shows 1 less now and the other, claimed in stock in house.

^^I feel for the Supremes. The Radicals are setting them up hard on at least 2 or 3 or more front's other then the mentioned issues, for a tough road ahead. Yesterdays deal (8/14/2023 and 3 other Dates Prior) was another major problem, they will have to address, as well as another 14th amendment type issue, in the not to distant future. I Hope they don't cave.

The Green Dreams of an all EV, 0% CO2 future are also facing some serious problems here and abroad. It's not a done deal yet, in my opinion.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave De August 16th 2023, 8:16 am

Mark O'Neal wrote:
snuff98 wrote:Will anyone ever make another aftermarket 460 block?  I am not talking about a new or improved version just a ford racing a460 or an idt block.  Looks like ford took the part number off the books.

My guess is no. The aftermarket will devolve into what is was in the 1970's, then 1960's, then fade away. A combination of stupid political policies and corporatism will kill it.

That and it's pretty much a grey-beard hobby.

Mr. O'Neal - You are one funny dude. Sad but true on the grey-beards, our sport is devolving somewhat like the Harley-Davidson crowd.
Dave De
Dave De

QtrWarrior likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  snuff98 August 17th 2023, 7:34 am

Ok, so we know that we will never see pre-pandemic anything anymore but what about the 385 series stuff? Does anyone know if new blocks will be available and what is available out there NOW?

snuff98

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 August 17th 2023, 8:12 am

snuff98 wrote:Ok, so we know that we will never see pre-pandemic anything anymore but what about the 385 series stuff?  Does anyone know if new blocks will be available and what is available out there NOW?

I wish I could answer that for you. I am not very optimistic though and the NOS aftermarket blocks seem very few, far between, and pricey, if you can find one.

If someone was a die hard that Summit Crate could be worthwhile.

I put pencil to calculator. If you sold the top end and the cam, lifters and pushrods, at close to current retail you would have a pretty complete shortblock, with nice parts, for about 12-13K, or so.

It looks like the pistons in it are about 38cc with a 10.322" deck height from the Ford Data sheet and a Wallace Compression Calculator.

If you decked the block, with some shaved SR-71's at 65cc you would be at 11/1 approximately and could put a mechanical roller cam, a better intake and a Dominator and make some good HP.

^ It's a messed up way to do things though, in my opinion.

I do suspect if the Crates are slow selling $ to HP, we may see a few shorts blocks.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino August 18th 2023, 1:40 pm

A stock production block will suffice for the majority of weekend warriors who bracket race, or do mud bogging/off road stuff, and boats. With good prep, they'll hold 1200 hp....at least for a while. It may end up being the only economical choice.

BBFTorino

QtrWarrior and Mark Miller like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave De August 18th 2023, 10:09 pm

BBFTorino wrote:A stock production block will suffice for the majority of weekend warriors who bracket race, or do mud bogging/off road stuff, and boats. With good prep, they'll hold 1200 hp....at least for a while. It may end up being the only economical choice.

Bracket racing only happens on the weekend so "weekend warriors"? Have you ran 1200 hp out of a stock block? Tell me how it worked for you.
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino August 18th 2023, 11:32 pm

LoL, no I haven't but I know several others who have. They managed to get quite a bit of use from them.

BBFTorino

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2