BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr Gasket Ultra Seal Intake Gaskets Question

2 posters

Go down

Mr Gasket Ultra Seal Intake Gaskets Question Empty Mr Gasket Ultra Seal Intake Gaskets Question

Post  Mark Miller July 26th 2022, 11:07 pm

Could they be reused after maybe an hours worth of running time?My 466 sucked the Fel Pro china wall rubber in and started leaking oil!!And before you say to just use Silicone on the China Wall i've been using these Fel Pro China Wall rubber Gaskets for years with Edelbrock Performer and Victor Intake with no problems before!!!But this pair didn't seem to fit as well as the older ones maybe quality control has went down hill!!

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Mr Gasket Ultra Seal Intake Gaskets Question Empty Re: Mr Gasket Ultra Seal Intake Gaskets Question

Post  stanger68 July 27th 2022, 8:12 am

Are you referring to the factory style rubber that wrap down the china wall and sit in the dowel holes? If so I’ve reused them multiple times on my race engine because I couldn’t find them anymore. What part# are you ordering to not get cork? I love those things cause they seal like crazy and Intake comes off easy and clean. Silicone makes a mess.

stanger68

Back to top Go down

Mr Gasket Ultra Seal Intake Gaskets Question Empty Re: Mr Gasket Ultra Seal Intake Gaskets Question

Post  stanger68 July 27th 2022, 8:13 am

Mine are fel-pro not mr gasket though.

stanger68

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller July 27th 2022, 10:42 pm

stanger68 wrote:Are you referring to the factory style rubber that wrap down the china wall and sit in the dowel holes?  If so I’ve reused them multiple times on my race engine because I couldn’t find them anymore. What part# are you ordering to not get cork? I love those things cause they seal like crazy and Intake comes off easy and clean. Silicone makes a mess.

Yes those are the style i'm talking about the rubber ones i took off of the other intake were ones i've used multiple times like you have!!The new ones were in a complete Fel Pro Gasket set i bought a couple months back when i take the intake off i'm going to compare them to the old ones i kept them!!

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller July 27th 2022, 10:44 pm

stanger68 wrote:Mine are fel-pro not mr gasket though.

The China Wall Gaskets are Fel Pros the Intake Gaskets are Mr.Gasket!!I wonder if i could reuse the Intake Gaskets as i only have maybe an hours run time on them?

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  stanger68 July 28th 2022, 12:32 am

I would.

stanger68

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller August 1st 2022, 10:36 pm

Mark Miller wrote:
stanger68 wrote:Mine are fel-pro not mr gasket though.

The China Wall Gaskets are Fel Pros the Intake Gaskets are Mr.Gasket!!I wonder if i could reuse the Intake Gaskets as i only have maybe an hours run time on them?

Well all seems good so far the Mr.Gasket Intake Gaskets came off in a couple pieces on each side!!Summit Racing didn't have any more Mr.Gasket Intake Gaskets in stock went with the Fel Pro 1231's and bought a different set of Fel Pro Intake Gaskets to get the Rubber China Wall Gaskets that i had to trim a little bit didn't know if i wanted to trust the Fel Pro China Wall Gaskets i took off although they look fine!!I'll keep them for spares!!

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down