BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue Thunder Head Valve Angle

3 posters

Go down

Blue Thunder Head Valve Angle Empty Blue Thunder Head Valve Angle

Post  rpm429 January 3rd 2023, 6:45 pm

What valve angles do Aluminum 429/460 blue Thunder heads use? They are 1998-1999 vintage 80cc Ford exhaust port. 2.25/1.88 valves Are they CJ or SCJ valve angle? I was going to order pistons and the only tech details I can find is "CJ valve train geometry" from a few blue Thunder sellers web sites.

rpm429

Back to top Go down

Blue Thunder Head Valve Angle Empty Re: Blue Thunder Head Valve Angle

Post  2 wicked January 3rd 2023, 11:40 pm

They are standard bbf geometry, scj's are different. My friend has a set of BT with Chevy exhaust. He ran them with stand bbf valve reliefs and .800 lift

2 wicked

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane January 4th 2023, 6:03 pm

rpm429 wrote:What valve angles do Aluminum 429/460 blue Thunder heads use? They are 1998-1999 vintage 80cc Ford exhaust port. 2.25/1.88 valves  Are they CJ or SCJ valve angle? I was going to order pistons and the only tech details I can find is "CJ valve train geometry" from a few blue Thunder sellers web sites.
The Blue Thunder SCJ-style cylinder heads are essentially standard valve layout heads, however technically speaking the valve guides for each cylinder have been slightly spread apart from one another--I think 0.040" per guide (+0.080" total per chamber)--so as to accommodate the larger intake/exhaust valve pairing.  Yes, one would order standard valve layout pistons for these heads.  Also note that the rocker stud locations are not moved like the valve guides and remain true OEM positioning.
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Mark Miller and 1EFF100 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down