BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using Hydraulic roller lifters on the Comp XR292 R-10 Xtreme Energy Solid Roller cam?

5 posters

Go down

Using Hydraulic roller lifters on the Comp XR292 R-10 Xtreme Energy Solid Roller cam? Empty Using Hydraulic roller lifters on the Comp XR292 R-10 Xtreme Energy Solid Roller cam?

Post  2slik May 5th 2023, 12:28 am

Like the title says I'm looking for anyone who has used or has information, opinions, or ideas about using hydraulic roller lifters on the Comp cams XR292 R-10 Xtreme Energy Solid Roller cam in my 521 BBF stroker. I already know it will work using the solid roller lifters as I built the engine around the cam so that's not the issue. The duration specs look like it may be possible but they are borderline but let me lknow your thoughts and experiences.

2slik

Back to top Go down

Using Hydraulic roller lifters on the Comp XR292 R-10 Xtreme Energy Solid Roller cam? Empty Re: Using Hydraulic roller lifters on the Comp XR292 R-10 Xtreme Energy Solid Roller cam?

Post  Dave De May 5th 2023, 8:46 pm

So you want to run hydraulic rollers at zero lash on a solid roller cam that has a clearance lash design.
My thoughts are that the cam will be happy but the lifters will not and may collapse on the open side. What are you trying to accomplish?
Dave De
Dave De

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Using Hydraulic roller lifters on the Comp XR292 R-10 Xtreme Energy Solid Roller cam? Empty Re: Using Hydraulic roller lifters on the Comp XR292 R-10 Xtreme Energy Solid Roller cam?

Post  Mark Miller May 5th 2023, 11:14 pm

I've heard of guys using Solid Roller Lifters with very little lash on a Hydraulic Roller Cam for higher rpm use but not the other way around like you're asking about!!Not to mention i'm sure you would also need different pushrods as i'm sure the lifter bodies are different dimensions!!

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 May 6th 2023, 12:59 am

Here's a good thread on it.

https://www.460ford.com/threads/hydro-roller-lifters-on-solid-roller-cam.157902/

I'd skip it, just sounds like a bad idea, especially on a 385 series with a biggish cam like that.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave De May 6th 2023, 9:45 am

A good read here from Speed-Talk.
https://www.speed-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44779
Mike Jones (CamKing) sums it at the bottom of the first page. Mike can give you a package for longevity.
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 May 6th 2023, 5:20 pm

^Ouch Dave, Thanks, that gave me a headache. It was interesting though and it's hard to pass up a good Speed/Talk thread. RIP to the big names that have passed from there.

Mikes got a good rep and a lot of happy customers.

To the OP, same type question as Dave, what are you trying to achieve?

Last edited by supervel45 on May 6th 2023, 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 6th 2023, 9:08 pm

2slik wrote:Like the title says I'm looking for anyone who has used or has information, opinions, or ideas about using hydraulic roller lifters on the Comp cams XR292 R-10 Xtreme Energy Solid Roller cam in my 521 BBF stroker. I already know it will work using the solid roller lifters as I built the engine around the cam so that's not the issue. The duration specs look like it may be possible but they are borderline but let me lknow your thoughts and experiences.

It can work well for mid-range power above 3,000 RPM but, drivability and off idle response will truly suffer.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down