BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spark plug recomendation

3 posters

Go down

Spark plug recomendation  Empty Spark plug recomendation

Post  HorsinAround August 27th 2023, 3:26 pm

Hey guys,

I have a 533, 13:1 compression bbf with mechanical injected alcohol and no power adders. It's used in drag racing. My engine builder put NGK vpower 9's in it and if I understand correctly, that is a "cold" plug. I would like to switch over to Autolite racing plugs. Can someone give me a part number to start with please?

Thanks
Alan
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Spark plug recomendation  Empty Re: Spark plug recomendation

Post  rmcomprandy August 27th 2023, 7:02 pm

HorsinAround wrote:Hey guys,

I have a 533, 13:1 compression bbf with mechanical injected alcohol and no power adders. It's used in drag racing. My engine builder put NGK vpower 9's in it and if I understand correctly, that is a "cold" plug. I would like to switch over to Autolite racing plugs. Can someone give me a part number to start with please?

Thanks
Alan

Has the engine got domed pistons or flat-tops ...?
What heads ...?

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround August 27th 2023, 7:07 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:

Thanks
Alan

What heads ...?

Sorry for the lack of details. Flat top Diamonds, AFR 315's.
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 28th 2023, 10:34 am

HorsinAround wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

Thanks
Alan

What heads ...?

Probably Autolite 3911 ... or AR3911.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround August 28th 2023, 11:04 am

rmcomprandy wrote:
HorsinAround wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

Thanks
Alan

What heads ...?

Probably Autolite 3911 ... or AR3911.

Thanks Randy
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

Back to top Go down

Post  stanger68 August 28th 2023, 8:18 pm

AR 3911 is what i ran before i added the gas primer system to the rons injection. 11’s foul rather quickly on gas so i switched to 24’s or 26’s. If all you do is start it on gas 11’s will be fine but if you run it for any length if time to build heat or flush/lube the cylinders after a day at the track they will foul.

stanger68

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround August 28th 2023, 9:41 pm

stanger68 wrote:AR 3911 is what i ran before i added the gas primer system to the rons injection. 11’s foul rather quickly on gas so i switched to 24’s or 26’s. If all you do is start it on gas 11’s will be fine but if you run it for any length if time to build heat or flush/lube the cylinders after a day at the track they will foul.

Yea, I use the gas primer system to start it, then pull the lean out/fuel shutoff and run the primer for a minute or so. THen at the end of the day I turn it on and shut the alky off. Looking at the Autolite cross reference chart, I don't see a 3926. I do see the AR3924 though.
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

Back to top Go down

Post  stanger68 August 29th 2023, 11:33 am

Try both. I may be doing something else wrong. There has definitely been a learning curve on running the primer plus system. Its a work in progress. I run mine on gas in staging lanes sometimes too. i think the 26’s may only come in standard autolite.

stanger68

HorsinAround likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround August 30th 2023, 8:55 am

stanger68 wrote:Try both. I may be doing something else wrong. There has definitely been a learning curve on running the primer plus system. Its a work in progress.  I run mine on gas in staging lanes sometimes too. i think the 26’s may only come in standard autolite.

I have a set of 3911's on order and will get a set of 24's coming as well. I also found a full set of v power -8's in my tool box that I don't remember buying ( Question ) So I will have an assortment to experiment with.

What ignition are you running with your Rons FI setup? I upgraded to a 7al-3 over the winter and recently had an 8 offered to me. Not sure if the 8 is worth the money considering the extra's that I'll have to get with it.
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 30th 2023, 10:30 am

HorsinAround wrote:
stanger68 wrote:Try both. I may be doing something else wrong. There has definitely been a learning curve on running the primer plus system. Its a work in progress.  I run mine on gas in staging lanes sometimes too. i think the 26’s may only come in standard autolite.

I have a set of 3911's on order and will get a set of 24's coming as well. I also found a full set of v power -8's in my tool box that I don't remember buying ( Question ) So I will have an assortment to experiment with.

What ignition are you running with your Rons FI setup? I upgraded to a 7al-3 over the winter and recently had an 8 offered to me. Not sure if the 8 is worth the money considering the extra's that I'll have to get with it.

The plugs you mention are all different heat ranges ... all on the cold side but, some are colder.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  stanger68 August 31st 2023, 8:39 pm

7al2 , hvc2 coil, crank trigger with grid controller.

stanger68

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down