BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Counterfeit spark plugs?

4 posters

Go down

Counterfeit spark plugs? Empty Counterfeit spark plugs?

Post  curiousgeorge November 14th 2023, 5:52 pm

I bought these off of Amazon hoping someone had just messed up on the price and marked a box of 4 for the price of one. They came in today and they just don’t look right it me but it’s been a few years since I have bought any. What do you guys think. Autolite AR51 plugs. Counterfeit spark plugs? Img_6312
Counterfeit spark plugs? Img_6313
Counterfeit spark plugs? Img_6311

curiousgeorge

Kobelco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Counterfeit spark plugs? Empty Re: Counterfeit spark plugs?

Post  Kobelco November 14th 2023, 9:17 pm

Old timers back in the day said “If It Sounds Too Good To Be True, It Probably Isn’t”

Kobelco

Back to top Go down

Post  fordmonsta November 14th 2023, 10:45 pm

those are the new autolites made in mexico. The USA made ones were blackish coated. The quality is gone to hell with em also, Ive had several be bad right out of the box. My brother actually had one to glow through the porcelin. I wouldnt have believed it if I hadnt seen it. Ive been a proponent of autolite plugs for years, but after the problems Ive had, I switched to NGK.

fordmonsta

Back to top Go down

Post  curiousgeorge November 14th 2023, 11:14 pm

fordmonsta wrote:those are the new autolites made in mexico. The USA made ones were blackish coated. The quality is gone to hell with em also, Ive had several be bad right out of the box. My brother actually had one to glow through the porcelin. I wouldnt have believed it if I hadnt seen it. Ive been a proponent of autolite plugs for years, but after the problems Ive had, I switched to NGK.

That’s what I was afraid of. They just look totally different than the last set I bought but that’s been 7-8 years ago. I may just dig them out and clean them back up. But for $11 for all 8 it was worth a shot.

curiousgeorge

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave De November 15th 2023, 12:15 pm

I heard that most plugs are made by NGK now but the brand specifies details on their product. However it looks like NGK doesn't have a Mexico plant. Most of our NGK plugs come from the 3 plants in the USA.
Dave De
Dave De

fordmonsta likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down