BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i have a d1ve block ,thinkin of doin 4bolt main conversion using miloden caps , is it worth it ,im on a budget

+8
Nevs
cool40
bruno
drummond race cars
dfree383
powerstrokeace
rmcomprandy
5pointslow
12 posters

Go down

i have a d1ve block ,thinkin of doin 4bolt main conversion using miloden caps , is it worth it ,im on a budget Empty i have a d1ve block ,thinkin of doin 4bolt main conversion using miloden caps , is it worth it ,im on a budget

Post  5pointslow January 1st 2010, 11:53 am

wanted to do 4bolt main cap conversion on my d1ve block

im on a budget lookin to do a 800-850hp at flywheel
prob gonna use nitrous

but lookin at doin 4bolt main and doin a partial fill of hardblock to bottom of water pump holes
and aybe a valley girdle

i know a A-460 block is ideal , but im not loaded

thanks , any input will be appreciated

this is gonna be a race motor for my mustang track only
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

i have a d1ve block ,thinkin of doin 4bolt main conversion using miloden caps , is it worth it ,im on a budget Empty Re: i have a d1ve block ,thinkin of doin 4bolt main conversion using miloden caps , is it worth it ,im on a budget

Post  rmcomprandy January 1st 2010, 12:02 pm

Didn't you recently post a question just like this...?

Just my oppinion:

Forget the valley girdle unless you simply like to spend money for ficticious reasons.
Fill the block half way.
Use some main cap straps on the mains with studs.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

i have a d1ve block ,thinkin of doin 4bolt main conversion using miloden caps , is it worth it ,im on a budget Empty Re: i have a d1ve block ,thinkin of doin 4bolt main conversion using miloden caps , is it worth it ,im on a budget

Post  5pointslow January 1st 2010, 5:37 pm

posted a thing about cost of of getting caps done
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow January 5th 2010, 10:45 pm

what can these blocks handle with 4 bolt center caps and a partial fill ? any ideas?
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace January 5th 2010, 11:09 pm

I've been using a 2 bolt block pushing a little over 800 for 9 years. 1900lb dragster though.

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 6th 2010, 8:28 am

With 4 bolt caps and a fill probably 850 hp reliably and more with less service life IMO. But thats with a conservitive tune and a good maintence routine. Plus alot depends on the other parts you use too, something like poping the head off a cheap valve or not maintaining valves springs, not keeping up with roller lifters, Etc. will end the life of a block just as easy as overpowering it.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  drummond race cars January 10th 2010, 12:36 pm

iv used the pro gram caps on a few and have had very good luck , one was well over 1000 hp with nitrous.

drummond race cars

http://drummondracecars.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno August 18th 2010, 6:24 am

buy an A460 block from BF Evans Raceparts !!!! .it will save you money in the long run Wink

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 August 18th 2010, 4:04 pm

bruno wrote:buy an A460 block from BF Evans Raceparts !!!! .it will save you money in the long run Wink
x2,and did you check out the thread over in the bar&grill with the nice pic's of a build like your thinken about?caps on a d0ve block would be a good start if you cant swing the A460 now. Smile
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs August 18th 2010, 7:10 pm

If you haven't looked at this thread, take a look. It might change your mind about the D1VE block...:

https://www.429-460.com/general-discussion-f5/the-552-carnage-pictures-i-promised-t6565.htm

Idea
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 18th 2010, 7:18 pm

The A460 block is an investment........glad I made mine years ago.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett August 18th 2010, 7:53 pm

Nevs wrote:If you haven't looked at this thread, take a look. It might change your mind about the D1VE block...:

https://www.429-460.com/general-discussion-f5/the-552-carnage-pictures-i-promised-t6565.htm

Idea

While that's a very bad and costly problem, how much of that could have been avoided by not using the 4.5 stoke crank and using a 4.3 stroke? I've always heard that you want to avoid the 4.5 crank in a D1 block and it's better suited to a D9 block since it has the longer cylinder skirts. Obviously not saying an a460 block wouldn't have been the better choice, just want to learn something. Very Happy
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav August 18th 2010, 9:54 pm

Ask Paul Kane,
Im sure he will probably chime in here. Hes pushed a ton of stock parts. He WILL know.
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  Outlaw5.0 August 18th 2010, 10:45 pm

If you have the money to build it twice, you have the money to build the correct way once.

Outlaw5.0

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs August 19th 2010, 2:57 am

Outlaw5.0 wrote:If you have the money to build it twice, you have the money to build the correct way once.

X2!
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 19th 2010, 7:24 am

Nevs wrote:
Outlaw5.0 wrote:If you have the money to build it twice, you have the money to build the correct way once.

X2!

X3 your looking for 800-850 + spray.... you need to step up and get a good block, it will pay for itself.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down