BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump and rebound shock settings

2 posters

Go down

Bump and rebound shock settings Empty Bump and rebound shock settings

Post  72mav January 6th 2010, 4:01 pm

Hi everyone.
Whats a good starting point to set my struts at ? I know there should be more compression than rebound.
On a scale of 1-10 what should each be set at for a base-line starter.

Thanks.
Al
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Bump and rebound shock settings Empty Re: Bump and rebound shock settings

Post  DILLIGASDAVE January 6th 2010, 10:20 pm

Just like rear shocks some people say start the front struts at full loose, some say full tight, and some say start in the middle. It's really just a matter of past experience and/or personal choice.

In my opinion on a "new" (or untested used) full chassis car with "store bought" drag struts (Strange, Lamb, etc) you might as well start the extension valving somewhere around the middle of it's adjustment range. Cars with decent torque numbers might start a little tighter than 1/2 on the extension if you want. And low torque cars might try a little looser than 1/2 on the extension just for the heck of it.

Adjustment direction on home made full chassis struts are probably a coin flip unless you first test them with a shock dyno to see how their dampening numbers compare to the dampening of the store bought units.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down