BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need some help identifying an engine block

4 posters

Go down

I need some help identifying an engine block Empty I need some help identifying an engine block

Post  paulie9fingers January 13th 2010, 2:54 pm

Howdy folks, I have a block with the ID number D9TE-AB, is this block worth putting together or should I stear away from it and how does it compare with a D0VE-?? (sorry, I forgot the other digits, but I can pick the D0VE up from a friend). I was going to install a 4.300 crank with Eagle rods, .030 10-1 pistons, a set of Ford Racing SCJ heads and a VooDoo hydraulic cam. I also have a crank girdle sitting around that I can use on this engine.

Thanks,
Paul
paulie9fingers
paulie9fingers

Back to top Go down

I need some help identifying an engine block Empty Re: I need some help identifying an engine block

Post  schmitty January 13th 2010, 3:53 pm

Absolutely nothing wrong with that D9TE block, all of the standard production 2 bolt blocks are very good pieces. The DOVE block does have some different webbing inside for the mains, and is a desireable block in it's own right, but for a standard stroker build, the D9TE is plenty good enough. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

I need some help identifying an engine block Empty Re: I need some help identifying an engine block

Post  paulie9fingers January 13th 2010, 4:52 pm

Thank you, the D9 block is all ready to go, all i have to do is assemble it and it's good to go, so that's a big positive.
paulie9fingers
paulie9fingers

Back to top Go down

I need some help identifying an engine block Empty blocks

Post  blown473 January 13th 2010, 9:29 pm

The differences are the Do block has thicker webbing around the mains, the D9 block has cyls. that are about 3/16 of an inch longer , which makes them good for strokers; more piston skirt support at bdc. So you have a good block, I would use it. And as a bonus if you can store away the Do bock it would be a good one to have around too for its strength for a future project.
blown473
blown473

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 January 13th 2010, 10:10 pm

Just remember the d9 block is external balanced and the dove block is internal balanced.when buy the crank kit
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty January 14th 2010, 11:27 am

One can use the aftermarket internal balance cranks in the D9 block, it is the stock internal balance crankshafts that will not fit in this block without some machining of the throws. You will need the appropriate neutral balance flywheel/flexplate, and a crankshaft balancer spacer rather than the hatchet weight spacer used on the external balance crank. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down