BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bolt on oil filler cap and breather?

2 posters

Go down

Bolt on oil filler cap and breather? Empty Bolt on oil filler cap and breather?

Post  David Cole February 9th 2010, 2:07 am

I just bought a set of nice Motorsport SVO aluminum valve covers off ebay. They are new in the box. Took a while to find some that were new.

Bolt on oil filler cap and breather? !BlR-S8wB2k~$(KGrHqQOKk!Etk21PVNZBLbDNEp3og~~_35

I want to have the new ones Nitoplated (the ceramic header coating) and then fill in the lettering with paint that matches the car. I currently have the new version that say Ford Racing, but I like these better.

They have knockouts for holes for the typical rubber grommet/breather. I want to add a bolt in oil fill cap to one and either a bolt in breather or AN bulkhead to the other. I run an electric vac pump just to pull any moisture out and need to attach a hose to the breather or fitting.

What are some choices as far as bolt in stuff? These are too nice to weld on. To be totally legal for IHRA/NHRA I have to have a positive attachment. Just a rubber grommet is not legal for the ET's I run.

I have found these. They look nice, but just wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas.
http://www.lpwracing.com/p_billet.asp

Last edited by David Cole on February 9th 2010, 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Bolt on oil filler cap and breather? Empty Re: Bolt on oil filler cap and breather?

Post  c.evans February 9th 2010, 2:15 am

David,

Moroso has some, along with ShoGun, and even Quick Fuel.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down