BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Distributor...will this one work with my intake?

+2
dfree383
David Cole
6 posters

Go down

Distributor...will this one work with my intake? Empty Distributor...will this one work with my intake?

Post  David Cole February 15th 2010, 10:57 am

The MSD 8569 crank trigger distributor is designed for a sheet metal TR according to MSD. Will it also work with my new style Trick Flow A460 single 4V intake?
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Distributor...will this one work with my intake? Empty Re: Distributor...will this one work with my intake?

Post  dfree383 February 15th 2010, 12:06 pm

I can't remember the part number on mine but it is the short one and I'm running the tfs single 4 intake, if that helps
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Distributor...will this one work with my intake? Empty Re: Distributor...will this one work with my intake?

Post  jts557 February 18th 2010, 12:57 pm

I know i will get bashed for this but.When i put my intake on from trick flow and relized my dis wouldnt
work i called them and the guy was nice and just said oh yhe you have to get the crank trigger set up Suspect
well after looking at almost 1200 for all that i mad the decision to cut a little of the intake were the dis was
and weld it to make room.worked like a charm i dont see why the intake has to be that big in the front i did
not effect the runners flow at all as it looks.

jts557

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans February 18th 2010, 1:19 pm

Guys,

I make a "Poor Boys" MSD style distributor set-up that works with the TFS A-460 tunnel ram. George Keown, Kristina Lawyer, Travis Rice and others have been running it for years. You do grind the bottom corner of the plenum back at about a 30* angle, no welding required. Then we use a stock 429-460 Ford Motorcraft distributor (which is the shortest) and totally rebuild it with new internals, and a bronze gear. Next up is one of my alum. cap adapters that allows you to use the Mallory # 221 crab cap, where the spark plug wires come out from the side.

Hope this helps,

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 18th 2010, 4:00 pm

c.evans wrote:Guys,

I make a "Poor Boys" MSD style distributor set-up that works with the TFS A-460 tunnel ram. George Keown, Kristina Lawyer, Travis Rice and others have been running it for years. You do grind the bottom corner of the plenum back at about a 30* angle, no welding required. Then we use a stock 429-460 Ford Motorcraft distributor (which is the shortest) and totally rebuild it with new internals, and a bronze gear. Next up is one of my alum. cap adapters that allows you to use the Mallory # 221 crab cap, where the spark plug wires come out from the side.

Hope this helps,

Charlie Evans

Charlie's deal works good Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  138 February 18th 2010, 4:06 pm

jts557 wrote:I know i will get bashed for this but.When i put my intake on from trick flow and relized my dis wouldnt
work i called them and the guy was nice and just said oh yhe you have to get the crank trigger set up Suspect
well after looking at almost 1200 for all that i mad the decision to cut a little of the intake were the dis was
and weld it to make room.worked like a charm i dont see why the intake has to be that big in the front i did
not effect the runners flow at all as it looks.

1200 for a crank set up?.. or you mean with the intake as well?

Back to top Go down

Post  jts557 February 18th 2010, 6:31 pm

No the intake was 725.00 and i may be wrong but you have to buy the dis the crank trigger and the mounting kit
i sure wish i would have known about c evens deal. but it didnt cost me anything to cut and weld the intake.

jts557

Back to top Go down

Distributor...will this one work with my intake? Empty Thanks Charlie Evans

Post  bbf-falcon May 7th 2010, 8:33 am

Just want to Thank Uncle Charlie for saving me some money from buying another dizzy. I got w/Charlie back when I was putting this A head deal together way back when. He steered me in the direction of the Short Motorcraft dizzy for the TFS TR intake. I purchased the adapter for the Mallory CRAB cap from him at that time. Well,this past winter I got a good deal from a member over at the other forum on a complete MSD Crank Trigger setup. Wednesday nite I was all ready to install the new MSD dizzy and guess what,it was a mile to tall to fit under the TR. So, I'm thinking AH no,I gotta buy another CT dizzy (MORE MONEY). Thats when I thought about the deal I already had w/the stock(Low Profile)I already had. So I called Charlie and he walked me through the steps of making it as good as a High dollar one. I ordered a new CRAB cap from Jegs and Installed it yesterday. Fit like a glove.
Thanks again Charlie, your a life saver.

Distributor...will this one work with my intake? IMG_0716

Last edited by bbf-falcon on May 10th 2010, 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans May 7th 2010, 9:53 am

Thank you Rick! Cool I hope your engine makes BIG power. Very Happy

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 8th 2010, 9:17 pm

Charlie, I have another ? for you. A forum member posted me about this deal,my question is,Will the small dizzy work with a Single 4 Victor?

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans May 9th 2010, 9:52 am

Rick,

Yep, it will work with a whole lot of different manifolds.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 10th 2010, 12:16 am

Thanks a bunch Wink

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum