BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manual transmissons in dragracing anyone run them?

+2
paulie9fingers
Maddmattmustangs
6 posters

Go down

Manual transmissons in dragracing anyone run them? Empty Manual transmissons in dragracing anyone run them?

Post  Maddmattmustangs February 25th 2010, 1:07 pm

Just wondering if anyone is running them on the strip!
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Manual transmissons in dragracing anyone run them? Empty Re: Manual transmissons in dragracing anyone run them?

Post  paulie9fingers February 25th 2010, 1:14 pm

paulie9fingers
paulie9fingers

Back to top Go down

Manual transmissons in dragracing anyone run them? Empty Re: Manual transmissons in dragracing anyone run them?

Post  Maddmattmustangs February 25th 2010, 1:22 pm

lol thanks but im way to poor for that right now Sad
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper February 26th 2010, 5:10 pm

I ran a top loader in a bracket car for a while. Won lots of races even though the others said it wasn't consistant.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 26th 2010, 5:22 pm

whatbumper wrote:I ran a top loader in a bracket car for a while. Won lots of races even though the others said it wasn't consistant.

untill about 10 years ago I never ran anything but a stick shift.....I still miss jammin gears sometime...

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Manual transmissons in dragracing anyone run them? Empty 4Speed

Post  bigblock t-bird February 26th 2010, 10:10 pm

Putting a 88 T-bird together now with a 532 and a DR4. Just about to finish up soon. Plan on running with these boys. www.classicgearjammers.org Steve

bigblock t-bird

Back to top Go down

Manual transmissons in dragracing anyone run them? Empty Dad still does.

Post  512Fairlane March 7th 2010, 11:34 pm

My dad has always run 4 speeds behind his Clevelands and now his 300" inline 6. Growing up I helped him work on a lot of toploaders and a lot of other driveline components that broke from 8000 RPM launches. He ran with the Ozark Mountain Super Shifters for a while. Sticks are a lot of fun to watch and going down the track they were as consistent as my automatic is. The tree is where he has the most trouble. Its hard to cut bracket racing competitive lights with a clutch. Lots of fun but with as much stuff as we tore up with small blocks I can't imagine running one behind big block torque. Very Happy
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs March 8th 2010, 2:20 pm

I wish i could jam gears in my Mustang. Maybe someday once college is paid off ill drop in a T-56 magnum with 4.56 gears Twisted Evil

In the meantime ill stick with my pos beater i call a daily driver. atleast its a 5 speed
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down