BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

durabond cam bearings

+7
bbcoupe
powerstrokeace
jones
bbf-falcon
rmcomprandy
Lem Evans
lance flake
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

durabond cam bearings - Page 2 Empty Re: durabond cam bearings

Post  rmcomprandy December 5th 2014, 1:48 pm

From Dura-Bond, if it has a "P" in the prefix of the part number it is a "performance" bearing.

Summit claims free shipping however, beware, there is always a "handling" charge of $10.00 or more.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug December 5th 2014, 1:59 pm

6t6mustang wrote:who are you? the sergeant at arms? this is a tech forum, he asked what the coated bearings were, coated standard or coated race, I answered and gave him an option with a price..

No I am just someone that sees people like you come on here and ask a Freakin butt load of questions and then when you see you can save .10 cents by going to some mass warehouse you cut and run.  But you don't mind scamming the builders for info but you go out to buy parts.... well my answer to that is go to the mass parts houses and ask these questions....then you can play parts tag with them cuz they don't have a freakin clue....

Sorry for the Rant Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy December 5th 2014, 2:15 pm

the Coug wrote:
6t6mustang wrote:who are you? the sergeant at arms? this is a tech forum, he asked what the coated bearings were, coated standard or coated race, I answered and gave him an option with a price..

No I am just someone that sees people like you come on here and ask a Freakin butt load of questions and then when you see you can save .10 cents by going to some mass warehouse you cut and run.  But you don't mind scamming the builders for info but you go out to buy parts.... well my answer to that is go to the mass parts houses and ask these questions....then you can play parts tag with them cuz they don't have a freakin clue....

Sorry for the Rant Randy

I do definitely understand...

Just yesterday I had a great example on the phone.
In August I got a call from an interested soul about stroker kits and which blocks and rod lengths and all sorts of stuff because he was probably gonna get a lot of the parts from me to build on.
I spent almost an hour and a half on the phone educating him and letting him know that for sure, I would not sell him any parts to steer him in any wrong direction.
YESTERDAY, I got another call from him as he was experiencing some issues and wanting to know specific build information and what to do. I asked him how much money he was intending to put toward this project and he answered that he already had all the stuff and ... I stopped him there and then told him I couldn't help him and all of a sudden I was the worst son of bitch on the planet for not obliging him and became a "really bad" guy.
He would never do business with me again ... what business???

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  6t6mustang December 5th 2014, 2:32 pm

really? that is what you have gathered huh? look, I have owned a speed shop, a fabrication business and been building engines all my life. if I told people when they walked in the door, well, if you want to talk to me you have to buy parts, they would walk out the door.. if you are honest, informative and genuine they become customers and friends. is it a gamble, yep, but it pays out 90% of the time. that is the truth YOU don't understand. randys prices are fine, I never checked until 30 mins ago. I am sure the extra $8 isn't gonna scare off someone who trusts him. it wouldn't scare me off. and this is coming from someone who was put out of business by summit type warehouses. i share my info freely because i love this sport and am more worried about it's demise than hiding a secret about wide cam bearings. i would rather see more people at the races and the cruise spot having fun with their cars..
6t6mustang
6t6mustang

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2