BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

c6 rebuild kit

3 posters

Go down

c6 rebuild kit Empty c6 rebuild kit

Post  johndickjr March 6th 2010, 9:33 pm

i am going to rebuild my c6, this will be my first tranny rebuild, i am confident i can handle this, my question is what is the best kit to buy, i see so many,..tci..b-m..etc..

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

c6 rebuild kit Empty Re: c6 rebuild kit

Post  Oldani March 6th 2010, 9:38 pm

Are you going to do anything to the valve body? If so, I like the TCI kits which include parts to modify the valve body. If not, then I've been pleased with kits from TCI, BTE, JW, and Trans Specialities personally. It's pretty hard to screw up putting together a pile of parts for a trans overhaul kit, lol. Smile
Oldani
Oldani

Back to top Go down

Post  johndickjr March 6th 2010, 9:52 pm

Oldani wrote:Are you going to do anything to the valve body? If so, I like the TCI kits which include parts to modify the valve body. If not, then I've been pleased with kits from TCI, BTE, JW, and Trans Specialities personally. It's pretty hard to screw up putting together a pile of parts for a trans overhaul kit, lol. Smile
i dont plan on running a t-brake but i want the tranny to shift hard with full manual shift only

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldani March 6th 2010, 10:01 pm

TCI 448800/448900 are the kits to look at (depends on what year your trans is as to which kit it takes). They are called the "Pro Super Kit". They have all parts for the overhaul including pieces to make it a manual/auto valve body. IMO if you do ANY street driving especially it's a nice thing to be able to put it in "D" and not always have to shift. If you don't have anyone locally to source TCI stuff I can help you out and probably save you some money as well.
Oldani
Oldani

Back to top Go down

Post  johndickjr March 6th 2010, 11:21 pm

Oldani wrote:TCI 448800/448900 are the kits to look at (depends on what year your trans is as to which kit it takes). They are called the "Pro Super Kit". They have all parts for the overhaul including pieces to make it a manual/auto valve body. IMO if you do ANY street driving especially it's a nice thing to be able to put it in "D" and not always have to shift. If you don't have anyone locally to source TCI stuff I can help you out and probably save you some money as well.
it will get driven to the track and maybe to work once a month, i don't mid having to shift it manual, how do i tell what year the tranny is

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust March 7th 2010, 4:55 am

Look at www.broaderperformance.com Jay will set you right with all the good parts and valvebodies and tech advice to go with ..

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum