BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First official tornado in OK....................

+6
95lightiningguy
jbozzelle
billandlori
capri-sun
342g
richter69
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

First official tornado in OK.................... Empty First official tornado in OK....................

Post  richter69 March 8th 2010, 7:53 pm

bout 15 minutes ago, 3 miles north of Elk city.............right where a few stormtrack members said would be a good target area....................come on 2010!!!!!!!

Gotta get my junk ready, hell if I hadn't took off tomorrow to go bury my Grandpa I would have went out today..................bittersweet to see it on TV.

Game on......................
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

First official tornado in OK.................... Empty Re: First official tornado in OK....................

Post  342g March 8th 2010, 8:13 pm

I mustbe missing something here, why are you so happy to see tornados, don't they tear up shit, and kill folks, explain this to me Shocked
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

First official tornado in OK.................... Empty Re: First official tornado in OK....................

Post  capri-sun March 8th 2010, 8:29 pm

jon has seen the movie TWISTER to many times lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
capri-sun
capri-sun

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 8th 2010, 8:31 pm

Your either fascinated with it or not..............nobody likes to see stuff get tore up............but it happens.

This part of the country you pay your insurance premium and learn to keep an eye to the sky. If not for the weather peolple , chasers and such you common folk would suffer a lot more losses I promise..............

I chase for the thrill of it, and I'm sorry but this gets me excited. ..........If there is a race on a high risk day the car stays home.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 8th 2010, 8:32 pm

capri-sun wrote:jon has seen the movie TWISTER to many times lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

its fun to watch it and find all the things wrong with that movie............... Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  342g March 8th 2010, 8:37 pm

O.K. I was just curious. Laughing
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 8th 2010, 8:47 pm

I don't do it for the science, I don't get paid .............I just want to go see it. lol

I predict at least one broken windshield this year.....the hood of the wifes explorer is already f-cked so no worries there.

Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  capri-sun March 8th 2010, 9:45 pm

way to go jon,, f- up the ole ladies car.. be carful ,, get some good vids Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
capri-sun
capri-sun

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 8th 2010, 9:57 pm

capri-sun wrote:way to go jon,, f- up the ole ladies car.. be carful ,, get some good vids Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

battle wounds................. Cool
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori March 8th 2010, 11:12 pm

I saw the vid of it on Fox tonight. Nasty looking sky down there!!

Have you got close to them in other years?

Good luck with the chasing, be safe!!.............well, as safe as you can be!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle March 8th 2010, 11:18 pm

Sounds like fAyBBo is sportin' wood... Rolling Eyes

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori March 8th 2010, 11:19 pm

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa.... Sad
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 9th 2010, 12:02 am

billandlori wrote:I saw the vid of it on Fox tonight. Nasty looking sky down there!!

Bill

I was in Moore on may 3rd 1999, less than 1/2 mile from the beast........have yet to have an experience that compares
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  95lightiningguy March 9th 2010, 12:03 am

affraid Hey thats the same storm system that is coming at me. affraid lol!
95lightiningguy
95lightiningguy

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori March 9th 2010, 12:06 am

richter69 wrote:
billandlori wrote:I saw the vid of it on Fox tonight. Nasty looking sky down there!!

Bill

I was in Moore on may 3rd 1999, less than 1/2 mile from the beast........have yet to have an experience that compares

I bet that is an adrenaline rush like no other!!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 9th 2010, 1:07 am

I shot this back in 08 I think it was, what was cool about this is it was one of those days that we chased a big bunch of nothin into Kansas, was actually heading home when all hell broke loose, got it the right place at the right time. We were on this storm while everyone else was occupied with the stuff blowing up in OKC. In this game this is the ultimate score...................I managed to get in a Procomp jab as well............. Laughing

First official tornado in OK.................... Th_Untitled_0020

video my dad shot from his police cruiser on may 3rd

https://www.youtube.com/user/randy946
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori March 9th 2010, 4:37 am

Soooo, this is an illness that runs in the family eh??

That's some very cool footage!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust March 9th 2010, 4:48 am

Just been on the news here in Oz .. Wow affraid

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 9th 2010, 9:29 am

Gregaust wrote:Just been on the news here in Oz .. Wow affraid

Not sure why this storm is getting the press it is, might be it came from such and unlikely storm, parameters were just barely there to produce. Town of Hammon got hit pretty good, its a small farm community, I have driven through it several times while chasing. Might also be that the size and track were abnormal for the time of year. All this spawned from 50 dewpoints..................
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs March 9th 2010, 11:40 am

Is it bad that i find those things fasinating as well? Twisted Evil
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  johndickjr March 9th 2010, 9:37 pm

342g wrote:I mustbe missing something here, why are you so happy to see tornados, don't they tear up shit, and kill folks, explain this to me Shocked
because the dumb a$$'s around here want to see it, first thing a okie does when the tornado sirens go off is run outside to look at it, and then tell the news crew that it sounded like a train, and if they cant see it , they all jump in a truck and go chase the dam thing like a bunch of back wood hillbillies..lol..j-k on the dumb a$$

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 9th 2010, 9:56 pm

johndickjr wrote:
342g wrote:I mustbe missing something here, why are you so happy to see tornados, don't they tear up shit, and kill folks, explain this to me Shocked
because the dumb a$$'s around here want to see it, first thing a okie does when the tornado sirens go off is run outside to look at it, and then tell the news crew that it sounded like a train, and if they cant see it , they all jump in a truck and go chase the dam thing like a bunch of back wood hillbillies..lol..j-k on the dumb a$$

yep there's a bunch of them wanna be dumb ass's out there....................Tell ya what, look at some models that make absolutly no sense, pick a spot to be.........at a certain time.......drive there...........catch the prize..........tell me how ya make out............. Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs March 10th 2010, 10:55 pm

we had one next county over from where i live here in arkansas. the sheer winds where wicked and awsome!
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 10th 2010, 11:07 pm

I dont like to chase east of I-35, I knew arkansas was gonna be under the gun today.

Dad went out today, got a big bunch of nuthin'...................
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs March 11th 2010, 12:04 am

i came up with some slight rotation way west of me but nothing close to the ground.
some light hail though that was fun!! Fiancee was screaming at me to get in the car lol!
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next