BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need help finding my way to the BBF Bash

+5
longroofracer
whatbumper
billandlori
bbf-falcon
f250mike
9 posters

Go down

I need help finding my way to the BBF Bash Empty I need help finding my way to the BBF Bash

Post  f250mike March 17th 2010, 11:35 pm

Ok to start off I'm in Rensselaer, Indiana 47978.
Now it looks like I have 2 routes that will get me to the track.
Route #1 is US 41 south to Evansville, then south and east to the track. 273miles 5hrs 56 minutes.
Route #2 I-65 south to I-64, then west and south to the track. 332 miles 6hrs 2 minutes.
I guess my question is which route should I take? They both take about the same time if you can believe google maps.
We won't be towing anything. The wife and I will be driving our Fusion.

Thanks for any help,
mike
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

I need help finding my way to the BBF Bash Empty Re: I need help finding my way to the BBF Bash

Post  bbf-falcon March 17th 2010, 11:43 pm

You are about the same distance as me Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

I need help finding my way to the BBF Bash Empty Re: I need help finding my way to the BBF Bash

Post  billandlori March 18th 2010, 4:08 am

We always found driving truck that you can save a bunch of time staying on the big roads. You can maintain your speed and no towns and stuff to slow you down.

I'm sure someone that lives in the area can give you a better idea.....just my .02

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike March 23rd 2010, 12:03 am

That's kinda what we thought Bill.
I talked to our engineer at work who is from Owensboro. He said there isn't a best way and to take interstate 65.
So it looks like that will be our route.

Now I need to decide if we should leave Thurs afternoon or Friday morning.
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 23rd 2010, 12:13 am

We've decided that we are not traveling over 500 miles one way this year for a race. The travel cost kill us and being a school teacher and farmer we don't have a ton of money to burn. We would have to win a good bit of money to travel 1000 miles one way.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  longroofracer March 23rd 2010, 12:27 am

What part of Texas are you in?
longroofracer
longroofracer

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 23rd 2010, 9:08 am

longroofracer wrote:What part of Texas are you in?

South of Abilene.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug March 23rd 2010, 9:47 am

whatbumper wrote:We've decided that we are not traveling over 500 miles one way this year for a race. The travel cost kill us and being a school teacher and farmer we don't have a ton of money to burn. We would have to win a good bit of money to travel 1000 miles one way.

you can write it off as farm expense and get 100% parity what ever the F#&% that is... just go down to the mail box and get those Goverment checks they give farmers one for ever day of the year..... I give the farmers hell up here for getting a growing wheat check , not growing wheat checks, grass checks not growing grass checks, just cuz you got a mail box check..I need help finding my way to the BBF Bash Icon_lol and quit Bitching about the drive in 08 I drove 1200 to get there and had more fun than you could ever imagine

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  longroofracer March 23rd 2010, 9:58 am

the Coug wrote:
whatbumper wrote:We've decided that we are not traveling over 500 miles one way this year for a race. The travel cost kill us and being a school teacher and farmer we don't have a ton of money to burn. We would have to win a good bit of money to travel 1000 miles one way.

you can write it off as farm expense and get 100% parity what ever the F#&% that is... just go down to the mail box and get those Goverment checks they give farmers one for ever day of the year..... I give the farmers hell up here for getting a growing wheat check , not growing wheat checks, grass checks not growing grass checks, just cuz you got a mail box check..I need help finding my way to the BBF Bash Icon_lol and quit Bitching about the drive in 08 I drove 1200 to get there and had more fun than you could ever imagine

Randy
Randy,
Not everyone is going to be able to afford the multiple long trips in today's economy... I know I can't. I think the smart one's that know it and have the willpower to stick to a budget are the ones that will be able to keep going. No sense in giving someone a beatdown just because they have a budget or plan they want to stick to.
longroofracer
longroofracer

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug March 23rd 2010, 10:21 am

the fuel was lots higher in 08 than now. I think it was in the 3.80 for fuel then and now it is in the 2.80 to 2.90's If he can afford a Turbo car like that the fuel and stuff for his rig is only a drop in the bucket, compared to what he payed for the parts for it...... I need help finding my way to the BBF Bash Icon_eek

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 23rd 2010, 10:41 am

the Coug wrote:the fuel was lots higher in 08 than now. I think it was in the 3.80 for fuel then and now it is in the 2.80 to 2.90's If he can afford a Turbo car like that the fuel and stuff for his rig is only a drop in the bucket, compared to what he payed for the parts for it...... I need help finding my way to the BBF Bash Icon_eek

Randy

We have 19 races scheduled so far this year with a minimum milage of about 260 miles one way. Living where we do, we already have to travel to race every time. The only local track is 60 miles away and he bracket races 2 weekends month and it is closed the rest of the time. Even on street nights and TNT/grudge nights he has a bracket race. If he paid anything we would do it.

As far as my ride, it cost a lot less than it appears. We pay for everything with winnings. Almost everything is either used or traded for too. I bought my brand new motor and big turbo from a guy for less than most of you guys have in your street motors because he needed money and I offered cash. I will admit that we do have a chunk of change in it but we did all of the work on it so it is usually the cheapest car at most races we enter.

What really sucks is the fact that it cost us about $47 each time it goes down the track. Needless to say, we don't TNT for the fun of it. If we race, we race to win.

And here in Texas that subsidy crap that the midwest farmers get doesn't really exist. I know that some farmers rape the government but we farm to make a crop. Guys around here have gone to jail in the last few years for it.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug March 23rd 2010, 1:11 pm

I am just giving you crap as I do all Farmers, you should see what Hell I give the Farmers here..... I need help finding my way to the BBF Bash Icon_eek it is way worse than you got.....
But you should try and make it you will be back I bet that.... Plus you get to hand Bruno his ass that should be worth something.......

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 23rd 2010, 1:24 pm

the Coug wrote:I am just giving you crap as I do all Farmers, you should see what Hell I give the Farmers here..... I need help finding my way to the BBF Bash Icon_eek it is way worse than you got.....
But you should try and make it you will be back I bet that.... Plus you get to hand Bruno his ass that should be worth something.......

Randy

I know. I here it all the time. They think because we race that we are screwing the Gov. We'll have to see about coming. Right now a $4000 race is scheduled close to us that same date.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

I need help finding my way to the BBF Bash Empty I Asked It

Post  511Fox March 23rd 2010, 2:13 pm

Where is the Bash Question

I heard it was May21-22 nd.

511Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug March 23rd 2010, 3:01 pm

511Fox wrote:Where is the Bash Question

I heard it was May21-22 nd.

Owensboro Ky may 21,22

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  jesse March 23rd 2010, 6:34 pm

kinda far for
but i would think alot more about comming if i could get the time off work
and also not everyone on here is a drag racer
i know 98% are but i am just saying
jesse
jesse

Back to top Go down

I need help finding my way to the BBF Bash Empty RACE ROUTING

Post  LivermoreDave March 24th 2010, 7:52 am

You do have two (2) direct options, and who's to tell which is best ..... only you!

One choice, and not necessarily first in order.

I-65 South to I-265 just North of Louisville. Follow I-265 to I-64 West. Follow I-64 West to exit 79 (SR 37 South). Follow SR 37 South to SR 66 West. Follow SR 66 West to US 231 South. Cross the bridge into KY, follow US 231 South. US 231 and US 60 will join a few miles South of the river. Follow US 231 South and US 60 West into Owensboro. Turn West onto US 60 By-Pass (US 231 South continues with US 60 By-Pass West for a few miles). Follow US 60 By-Pass to exit 2 (SR 56 & 81). Atop the ramp turn West (left) and follow SR 81 to Windy Hollow turn off (watch for signs). This route will be quicker, smoother and maybe a bit safer.

US 41 is another alliterative . US 41 will travel through several towns, big and small. A more scenic and time consuming route. US 41 South through Evansville into Henderson. Continue South through Henderson following Pennyryle Parkway to Audubon Parkway. Exit onto Audubon Parkway and follow to Owensboro. Exit onto US 60 By-Pass East. Exit the first exit, exit 2. Atop ramp turn right and follow SR 81 to the Windy Hollow area. Watch for Windy Hollow Raceway signs.

Just my two cents worth of direction!
Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

I need help finding my way to the BBF Bash Empty Bash

Post  511Fox March 24th 2010, 3:20 pm

Would love to attend but unsure Exclamation Embarassed Crying or Very sad

511Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike March 25th 2010, 9:44 pm

Thanks for the info Dave.
I think we will be taking the interstates.

mike
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down