BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manifold machining?

3 posters

Go down

Manifold machining? Empty Manifold machining?

Post  Kiwi Petrol Head August 17th 2009, 8:57 pm

Howdy guys… I am having my 460 block decked 0.025 to bring the pistons flush with the top of the block. My question is – what do I shave off the inlet manifold to make it fit correctly? I’m sure that I could work it out after scratching me head for a few hours trying to remember all of the equations I learned at school 25 years ago – but you blokes are so knowledgeable and are doing this in the real world more regularly than most… so I thought that I’d pick your brains. As always – any help is much appreciated.
Kiwi Petrol Head
Kiwi Petrol Head

Back to top Go down

Manifold machining? Empty Re: Manifold machining?

Post  IDT-572 August 17th 2009, 9:27 pm

You wont have to do anything to your intake face. Ford had deck hieghts ranging from 10.300 to 10.320 from the factory, and the same intakes fit all. Just set the heads on with the gaskets and place your intake on with gaskets and check port alignment , it should be fine unless you hav e early block and cut more than .030 off it.

JMHO.

HOPE THAT HELPED
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans August 17th 2009, 9:57 pm

Best thing to do....aim for -.010" below the deck...then when the machine shop screws up you may not have the pistons OUT of the deck . That zero deck thing is bullshit anyway...i.m.o.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum