BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad KY accident

+5
Treeyasoon
bbf-falcon
jmayabb
richter69
bigblockfox468
9 posters

Go down

Bad KY accident Empty Bad KY accident

Post  bigblockfox468 March 26th 2010, 6:45 pm

Sad Sad

I hope none of our BBF Brothers or any of their family members were involved. Sad Crying or Very sad
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Bad KY accident Empty Re: Bad KY accident

Post  richter69 March 26th 2010, 6:47 pm

????????
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 March 26th 2010, 7:21 pm

richter69 wrote:????????

11 died in a bad car crash in Kentucky........not our KY, sorry my bad Wink
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jmayabb March 26th 2010, 7:28 pm

10 were from the same family and covered 3 generations. The only survivors of the van were a two year old and a five year old. A tractor trailer crossed the median and hit a van head on. The driver of the tractor trailer also died along with 10 people in the van. Terrible looking accident from the news. It was on interstate 65.
jmayabb
jmayabb

http://www.joesraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 26th 2010, 7:35 pm

Too Bad Sad
I also heard about a badd house fire in Damon's home town of Shelbyville KY, where a babysitter rescued a little boy she was sitting and she was burnt.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon March 26th 2010, 9:42 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:Too Bad Sad
I also heard about a badd house fire in Damon's home town of Shelbyville KY, where a babysitter rescued a little boy she was sitting and she was burnt.
I saw that too...she got burned pretty bad on her hands and feet...doesn't have health insurance either....that sucks...
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power March 27th 2010, 10:52 am

Sad Sad Very sad to hear. At least the kids survived, but they wont have their family the rest of their lives. Crying or Very sad
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Bad KY accident Empty Kentucky accident

Post  Wheelie58 March 27th 2010, 12:00 pm

I was unfortunate enough to see the scene of the accident just after the sun came up, and before the vehicles involved were moved. I was on the way home from the Mid America Truck Show in Louisville.

I was a terrible sight. The tractor and trailer were laying on their side, across the northbound lanes. The tractor was not visible as it was crushed against the stone hillside and in the ditch. It looked like the tractor experienced a bad fire. The van was fortunately not in the charred area, but had been tarped by the ambulance crews.
They had the southbound lanes closed for a while to let fire and emergency vehicles in there. You could see where the tractor/trailer crossed the median. The new cable type center median "guard rails" did not work in this case. They were just flattened.
Bad deal for everyone.

Later...Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Bad KY accident Empty accident

Post  dr's wife racing March 29th 2010, 10:19 am

The truck was from my home town.I'm frinds with the owners of the trucking company.It's a small town family owned buissness.They said the driver was one of their best and was coming off a couple days of rest,had drove one six hr set rested for six hrs and and had only driven a couple of hrs that morning.I think he crossed from the right lane of south bound all the way across the median untill he eventully hit the van and the rock.I tdon't think there was any sign of skid marks.I did not know the driver personaly but he was married with three young chrilden and they were adopting a fourth.
They think he may have had some type of catastropic health event ie. heart attack, blood clot ,stoke ect. Every one on the news wanted to blame the accident on no sleep drugs ect. basicaly talked bad about the truck driver.It was a very bad thing that happened.But sometimes bad things happen and it is no ones fault.
The drivers sister was on local news and said that the family of those that were killed had been in contact with them and were bothered by the fact that no one had been able to tell them if the truck driver was a christian.She proudly was able to tell yes he was.
.What faith those people have. My prayers go out to all the victoms of this. Sad
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 29th 2010, 10:45 am

Unfortunate event. We run a couple of trucks on our farm and you are right about people always blaming truckers for not gettign any sleep. Our trucks have been involved in about 5 wrecks the last ten years (luckily no fatalities) and not one has been the cause of our driver. My biggest fear drving was falling asleep but after drving cross country that fear turn into little cars not watching where they were drving.

From what i have read in other places and above this may have been caused by health events. If a driver started to cross a median falling asleep they would have woke up and hit the breaks.

God bless both those families.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down