BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jon Kaase on the other board

+12
D. Sea
schmitty
jasonf
jonkaase
maverick
342g
Lem Evans
Nevs
richter69
bruno
bbf-falcon
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jon Kaase on the other board Empty Jon Kaase on the other board

Post  bbf-falcon April 4th 2010, 11:51 am

The other site has hit a HomeRun. Jon is now a super moderator. He already has a couple topic's that is interesting. Your turn Nick,gitter done. Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Jon Kaase on the other board Empty Re: Jon Kaase on the other board

Post  bruno April 4th 2010, 12:39 pm

ha ha Rick ....... can never keep up with the corporate big boxes .. i really like the family atmosphere of "our" site....

but i have added another sponsor and that is Gene from firecore wires his logo will be going up on the portal page and on the forum page

Gene thanks for your help on the site Wink

but getting back to the topic its all about about exposure and the other site from a business stand point is getting a million times more exposure then this site ......

later guys
and have a great weekend

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 4th 2010, 1:01 pm

bruno wrote:ha ha Rick ....... can never keep up with the corporate big boxes .. i really like the family atmosphere of "our" site....

but i have added another sponsor and that is Gene from firecore wires his logo will be going up on the portal page and on the forum page

Gene thanks for your help on the site Wink

but getting back to the topic its all about about exposure and the other site from a business stand point is getting a million times more exposure then this site ......

later guys
and have a great weekend

We dont have all the annoying adds........or the dumbass sponsors that nobody here is ever going to use.

Any Kasse made part I need or Kasse related question I need to ask I'll just call up my old pal Lem........... Cool

Besides the vibe I get from the new Kasse section is he's sick of all the phone calls over stupid crap lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno April 4th 2010, 1:19 pm

Oh and btw guys i do apologize the ads you have been seeing for the past 4 days when you are not logged in ..it has been taken care of.

have a great Weekend
Nick

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 4th 2010, 1:21 pm

bruno wrote:Oh and btw guys i do apologize the ads you have been seeing for the past 4 days when you are not logged in ..it has been taken care of.

have a great Weekend
Nick

I wasn't going to say anything, but dont let it happen again or I will lol
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno April 4th 2010, 1:30 pm

richter69 wrote:
bruno wrote:Oh and btw guys i do apologize the ads you have been seeing for the past 4 days when you are not logged in ..it has been taken care of.

have a great Weekend
Nick

I wasn't going to say anything, but dont let it happen again or I will lol

trust me Sir ..... ive been nervous everytime ive logged on for the past several days ..... Wink

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon April 4th 2010, 2:38 pm

I just think it's cool that Jon is helping the little guy w/free info. I know i don't like bothering people w/phone calls. Like Lem,Blake,Charlie or Jon. They have more important things to do than answering our (Dumbass) questions everytime their phone rings. Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs April 4th 2010, 3:25 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:I just think it's cool that Jon is helping the little guy w/free info. I know i don't like bothering people w/phone calls. Like Lem,Blake,Charlie or Jon. They have more important things to do than answering our (Dumbass) questions everytime their phone rings. Smile

True to a point Rick, but, if the phone quits ringing completely, you're in trouble as well. You never know when that guy with all the "dumbass" questions is going to make a big purchase. All part of being in business in my opinion. Every call can't be a "homerun"! Idea
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans April 4th 2010, 3:38 pm

Doubles , hit by the pitcher , bunt , etc. all score runs Wink

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 4th 2010, 3:40 pm

but there's always that one that is a strikeout no matter what you do...................
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  342g April 4th 2010, 3:46 pm

If I can't call them, and ask a simple question, then I will get my parts where I can ask a dumb ass question. Twisted Evil
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick April 4th 2010, 4:11 pm

richter69 wrote:but there's always that one that is a strikeout no matter what you do...................

Walk him. Wink
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jonkaase April 4th 2010, 4:25 pm

We're not sick of the phone calls. I was just trying to have some discussions about things that cause problems, and people may see the answers on line. We are considering some info sheets being sent with our pumps. Things which we have seen cause problems, etc. And, I sure don't have any problems with this board or Bruno. The more fourms the better. If anyone has any questions for us, either here or the other site, I will try to help out at night. Just keep in mind I don't always have the answer. .... Kaase

jonkaase

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon April 4th 2010, 5:07 pm

I for one appreciate the (down to earth answers) that you have Jon. Whether it's on the boards or at the seminars.Thanks Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs April 4th 2010, 7:37 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:I for one appreciate the (down to earth answers) that you have Jon. Whether it's on the boards or at the seminars.Thanks Smile

X2! Thanks, Jon! Cool
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno April 4th 2010, 8:40 pm

I really respect the guys like Lem Evans, Charlie Evans, Steve Johnson, Jon Kaase, Paul Kane, Scotty, Dave,etc.... and whom everelse is the backbone of this industry( and you guys know who you are) to take time out of there busy day to day schedule to frequent these boards to help folks out.

Jon im sorry if i came across being negative about your new section on the other site. You due offer some phenominal products and it is great having you here and on the other sites to help us out.

later Guys
Nick Bruno

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans April 4th 2010, 8:52 pm

Here is the deal...i.m.o.
If anything needs to change on the Bruno site....change it . DO NOT change stuff because someone else changed.
I consider Rick a friend.... this issue does not belong here.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf April 4th 2010, 9:12 pm

I noticed his section last week when I popped in over there for a look see. Jon doesn't post often but every now and then he will show up and offer some help. I am not sure what more you could ask from the guy. He seems nice and helpful but he is just awful busy running his own business. I have friends that have their own business' and they work 10-14 hrs/day, 6-7 days per week because they are so busy. They don't have time to come to sites like this because the customers never stop coming and the phone rings non stop. To be honest I think we are very lucky to have the people like Lem, Charlie, Scotty, Paul and all the other knowledgeable membes that keep the site flowing.

342g wrote:If I can't call them, and ask a simple question, then I will get my parts where I can ask a dumb ass question. Twisted Evil

I worked at a race shop when I was in college and we got calls all the time with tire kickers. I am gonna go on a whim here and say probably 90% of the call were people just curious about things like building a 800 hspr buick 455 for $3000. I know the shop owners know exactly what I am talking about too. Now if you go look at Jon's website it is pretty clear he is kinda into the hardcore stuff. I think a guy need to be somewhat realistic about the questions he may have and where to call. As an example I wouldn't call up Jon Kaase racing engines to talk to the man about what valve cover gaskets I need. I am sure he has better things to do. But now if I had one of his pumps I am sure they could and would be glad to offer any help they could. I don't know if this makes any sense to anyone else. Maybe I will just go have another crown and coke.

Peace out!

ps. if you read this thanks for all the help that you do offer Jon.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g April 4th 2010, 10:12 pm

jasonf wrote:I noticed his section last week when I popped in over there for a look see. Jon doesn't post often but every now and then he will show up and offer some help. I am not sure what more you could ask from the guy. He seems nice and helpful but he is just awful busy running his own business. I have friends that have their own business' and they work 10-14 hrs/day, 6-7 days per week because they are so busy. They don't have time to come to sites like this because the customers never stop coming and the phone rings non stop. To be honest I think we are very lucky to have the people like Lem, Charlie, Scotty, Paul and all the other knowledgeable membes that keep the site flowing.

342g wrote:If I can't call them, and ask a simple question, then I will get my parts where I can ask a dumb ass question. Twisted Evil

I worked at a race shop when I was in college and we got calls all the time with tire kickers. I am gonna go on a whim here and say probably 90% of the call were people just curious about things like building a 800 hspr buick 455 for $3000. I know the shop owners know exactly what I am talking about too. Now if you go look at Jon's website it is pretty clear he is kinda into the hardcore stuff. I think a guy need to be somewhat realistic about the questions he may have and where to call. As an example I wouldn't call up Jon Kaase racing engines to talk to the man about what valve cover gaskets I need. I am sure he has better things to do. But now if I had one of his pumps I am sure they could and would be glad to offer any help they could. I don't know if this makes any sense to anyone else. Maybe I will just go have another crown and coke.

Peace out!

ps. if you read this thanks for all the help that you do offer Jon.

You quoted my post, and I said that if I had a problem with a part, I will call, I have one of his new pumps, and I am having a problem with oil pressure, I called him, and one of his helpers tryed to help me, I'm not sure yet whether it is the pump, or something else, but I stand by what I said, if I buy their product, and have a problem, i'm going to call them, if they don't want to have customer relations, I will buy elsewhere the next time, enjoy your crown and coke. Laughing
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 4th 2010, 10:19 pm

I didn't mean to imply that all phone calls were from idiots, i mean not everybody can be an A+ know-it-all racer like myself.

I wish to hell the dealership would get a website or a forum section as to answer all the dumbass call we ACTUALLY get.............you know the common knowledge stuff they put in the book in the glove compartment..................... Laughing Ford could save millions by deleting it cuz no one has sense enough to use it........... Very Happy
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty April 4th 2010, 10:31 pm

I've got a ? for you Jon, can you cast us a decent set of cast iron heads that won't break the bank? Maybe a set of P-51's in cast iron? Very Happy
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 4th 2010, 10:36 pm

....................or make some of those SCJ tunnel rams Idea
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  138 April 5th 2010, 1:22 am

to be honest it sucks going back and forth between sites...the other site has a larger data base, and a busier classifieds section, but I feel this site is more of a close knit group. Lem/Charlie have the knowledge, and the parts, Rick, and Harold are somewhat local, Richter runs injection, Pettit drives a Torino, and the Coug keeps it in check...lol and all are very BBF educated, and experienced. And yes I am still in the "dumbass" question phase, as I dont like buying, or doing things twice due to meltdown, or a lack of knowledge, so bear with me for a little while... wtf more could on ask for...thanks to all... you to Bruno.

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon April 5th 2010, 5:09 am

This thread was started actually just to mention the fact that J Kaase was taking out time to help out the little guy. I in no way want Bruno's site to change, To be honest I'm glad we have both site's to go to. I'm not a 460.com basher,I don't call it home anymore,but I have friends there. I'm thankful for vendors that I can personally call my friends like Lem,Charlie,etc. Lem and I are close enough to call each other and just shoot the breeze and for me he's a A+ friend.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea April 5th 2010, 3:19 pm

Jon,

We really appreciate all your help on and off the BBF Forums and especially at the tech seminars. Cool
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next