BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil Leak: Hard Luck Chuck strikes again....

+3
schmitty
bruno
D. Sea
7 posters

Go down

Oil Leak: Hard Luck Chuck strikes again.... Empty Oil Leak: Hard Luck Chuck strikes again....

Post  D. Sea August 19th 2009, 10:11 am

Chuck told me that he had a small oil leak up front of the engine so I stopped by the shop yesterday to do a few things inclucing fix the road from the recent downpour Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I put some cardboard under his engine (The car is on jack stands) and I fire it up. Can't find any leaks up front? Well I didn't put the carboard back far enough evidently and when I looked under the back of the engine, oil wasn't pouring out but it wasn't a slow drip either. Shut it down and crawled uner ASAP and it's dripping oil from the very back of the pan. I'm thinking it's the rear main seal or the rear of the oil pan or the plug in the back of the block. We won't know until we get it out of the car AGAIN! I'm suspecting it may be the plug in the back of the block.

Somone needs to send Chuck some GOOD luck...

Will keep you guys posted.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Oil Leak: Hard Luck Chuck strikes again.... Empty Re: Oil Leak: Hard Luck Chuck strikes again....

Post  bruno August 19th 2009, 10:14 am

sorry Chuck ..... that does suck damon ...hope you guys get her fixed quick i cant wait to see what those TFS heads are going to do on that Engine

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Oil Leak: Hard Luck Chuck strikes again.... Empty Re: Oil Leak: Hard Luck Chuck strikes again....

Post  schmitty August 19th 2009, 1:17 pm

Tell ole Chuck best wishes and hope some good luck comes his way. sunny
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea August 19th 2009, 1:25 pm

He made ONE pass last Friday and it was all over the track because of the oil under the tires. He said it ran a 6.48? I can't remember the mph, maybe 106 or 107? No tuning AT ALL and oil under the tires. I'd like to see what it will run too however Chuck's is getting tired of fighting with the car, it's one thing after the other. Tracy said "That's because it's a race car" Razz
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  stangr8cr August 19th 2009, 2:13 pm

Chuck just can't catch a break!!! That just plain sucks!!!! I hope ya'll can get it squared away.

Boo Boo
stangr8cr
stangr8cr
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 19th 2009, 3:41 pm

Chuck needs a voodoo doll.....
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick August 19th 2009, 3:51 pm

Just in case this thing gives you fits.......Remember that thread on the other site.....the one about the rear main seal parting line. Just a thought, as I remembered somebody else fixing and re-fixing a rear seal leak. Wink
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea August 19th 2009, 3:53 pm

maverick wrote:Just in case this thing gives you fits.......Remember that thread on the other site.....the one about the rear main seal parting line. Just a thought, as I remembered somebody else fixing and re-fixing a rear seal leak. Wink

I've installed them both ways and I've never had an issue with a rear main leak. When I say both ways I mean even with the block and main cap and also offset like a half inch.

I'm not sure how Chuck installed his.

Thanks guys and I agree with Dave, Chuck needs a voo doo doll pirat
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 19th 2009, 11:29 pm

Damon, I'm fighting the same DAMN oil leak chuck is, only I have a water issue, and a oil passing the Rings issue. Tell Chuck I said good Luck. Me and Tweety have seperated ways for this season.
Like was said ,read the oil leak issue on the other site about the rear seal crush .

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea August 20th 2009, 10:04 am

bbf-falcon wrote:Damon, I'm fighting the same DAMN oil leak chuck is, only I have a water issue, and a oil passing the Rings issue. Tell Chuck I said good Luck. Me and Tweety have seperated ways for this season.
Like was said ,read the oil leak issue on the other site about the rear seal crush .

Bummer, so I guess this means you are done for the season? Sad
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 20th 2009, 6:28 pm

Yea, figured I'd better get away from it before I set it on fire. bom bom

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down