BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NHRA Summit Racing Southern Nationals

Go down

NHRA Summit Racing Southern Nationals Empty NHRA Summit Racing Southern Nationals

Post  OldRedFord May 16th 2010, 11:51 pm

Went to the NHRA Summit Racing Southern Nationals at Atlanta Dragway Saturday. Took a few pictures. Had a pretty fun time. I was impressed with how close the pro stock cars were running in the third round of qualifying that day. Like for example (Im pulling numbers out of the air here) One car would run a 6.856 and the other a 6.857. Now that is a drag race.

They also had the original Bigfoot.

NHRA Summit Racing Southern Nationals 100_0640

NHRA Summit Racing Southern Nationals 100_0641

NHRA Summit Racing Southern Nationals 100_0653

Other pictures

NHRA Summit Racing Southern Nationals 100_0643

NHRA Summit Racing Southern Nationals 100_0644

Doug Kalitta and somebody else.

NHRA Summit Racing Southern Nationals 100_0646

Cory McClenathan & TJ Zizzo

NHRA Summit Racing Southern Nationals 100_0647

Antron Brown

NHRA Summit Racing Southern Nationals 100_0648

John Force

NHRA Summit Racing Southern Nationals 100_0649

Melanie Troxel

NHRA Summit Racing Southern Nationals 100_0651

Ashley Force Hood & Robert Hight

Just by pure luck i was standing watching the crew tear the motor down on John Force's car and he comes walking out of the trailer. So I ended up with Jon Force's autograph. I also bought a valve from Shawn Langdon's dragster. Last year I had gotten a piston from Tony Schumacher's dragster.

Have any of you ever seen a connecting rod from a top fuel motor up close? Holy crap! Has to be close to 3" wide and between 3/4 to 1" maybe a hair more thick. I was going to get one but the valve was cheaper. Maybe next year.

Other peoples autographs I wanted to get..

Antron Brown
Ashley Force Hood
Junior Pippin
Doug Kalitta
Karen Stoffer

One thing I found funny was I walked by the merchandise trailer for the Don Schumcher Racing and Ron Caps was standing behind the trailer and there was hardly anyone looking for autographs.
OldRedFord
OldRedFord

Back to top Go down