BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Drag(ster) slayers

+20
Treeyasoon
Curt
rmcomprandy
Oakley Motorsports
knrclark
richter69
342g
bruno
the Coug
dadof384k
D. Sea
bluef100fe
IDT-572
dfree383
Lem Evans
BOB339
56Tbird
Wheelie58
c.evans
bbf-falcon
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Drag(ster) slayers - Page 3 Empty Re: The Drag(ster) slayers

Post  Curt May 26th 2010, 9:26 pm

Good, have 16-20 guys go out and spend $250,000.00 on some pro stock cars. It will get boring after a while, but they are fast, and will run closer to their dial than 75% of the bracket cars out there.
Maybe that will get some asses in the wooden seats. Rolling Eyes
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 26th 2010, 9:51 pm

Treeyasoon wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:If a track wants spectators there has to be a 'show' and it seems they think a handicapped start aint one .
The only people that enjoy watching bracket racing............are bracket racers.

Thats a big 10-4, our Heads up night and index races fill the stands...............good for the track.

I like to bracket race every so often, but never go to watch it lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon May 26th 2010, 10:03 pm

Curt wrote:Good, have 16-20 guys go out and spend $250,000.00 on some pro stock cars. It will get boring after a while, but they are fast, and will run closer to their dial than 75% of the bracket cars out there.
Maybe that will get some asses in the wooden seats. Rolling Eyes
I'm not saying that I agree with it....I bracket race....and enjoy watching it if I cannot participate....
I'm saying....the people who do not understand it....do not enjoy it.
Most people that I see come to the track are usually disappointed that they did not witness a crash.
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 26th 2010, 10:09 pm

What's pro-stock gotta do with it ?

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 26th 2010, 10:16 pm

B. Small came out of a door car that run high 4.80s.........he sold it and bought Phillip's dragster......think it's got anything to with the mega bux required to buy a door car that will stand 900-1,000 lbs ft of tq ? ...let alone the 200 lbs ft tq that the hose could bring on?

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 26th 2010, 10:22 pm

All boils down to are you having fun with what you got? I'm pretty happy with my shitbox right now, I just bought it a new trinket............. Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 26th 2010, 10:27 pm

Grande' king

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt May 26th 2010, 11:20 pm

Lem Evans wrote:What's pro-stock gotta do with it ?

13 sec rust buckets are not gonna fill the stands. Then half of them will go out and buy them some pro ported ProComp heads and start running 12 seconds. So now the 13 sec class cant fill the bill. Evil or Very Mad

And the beat goes on. Suspect

Norwalk fills the stands (Large stands), and they have a lot of bracket racing. They just educate the kind people, who are nice enough to pay an admission, and then make them feel wanted when they get there. (ie $1 ice cream, clean restrooms, fast cars) I love you
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  jsracing May 26th 2010, 11:47 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:In my oppinion, until a door car outruns a dragster "heads-up" it hasn't SLAYED the dragster ... up to that point it is ALL about the driver. Razz

EDIT: Now the old AA/C cars were narrowed door bodied cars with "slingshot" front ends having a 180" wheelbase but, you'll have to be at least 45 years old to remember them actually running. Unless you visit the nostalgia drags once in a while.

what's a pipe rack weigh these days? with motor? You know given a light door car it might not be as difficult as one thinks to accomplish the impossible feat of outrunning a Rail.
just saying, right circumstances although rare.

JS

jsracing

http://indyracingscene.com/?styleid=2

Back to top Go down

Post  jsracing May 27th 2010, 12:00 am

Treeyasoon wrote:My local track is starting into the index stuff....I think a "general" spectator would appreciate 2 cars running door-to-door more than they would a 4.90 digger chasing down a 6.80 door car....fwiw.

all the tracks in the south are going to Index racing plus/and brackets. No one likes watching brackets. You win the money and no one is there cheerin but your family cause everyone except the runner up has packed up and gone home. Bracket racing has seen its hey day. IMHO

Pipe racks are purpose built race vehicles, not cars, so yeah they have an advantage. Beating one is cool beans, because well they should have won to begin with... absolutley true. they are lower, hence harder to see... generally faster, can see the tree better, etc. etc.. if you are SERIOUS about bracket racing you SHOULD get a pipe rack. There's just way too many good things they have going for them in a bracket race...... One more reason NOT to bracket race.

I wouldnt have one, they all look the same lol

hey who wants the easy route anyway? They never said this stuff was easy did they? Wink

jsracing

Back to top Go down

Post  jones May 27th 2010, 10:06 am

Here in Mississippi Friday night test and tune brings more spectators than Saturday bracket racing. As JS said, alot of the local tracks are starting to hold index races. Problem is the "street race" guys don't know anything about index racing, so it's been hard to get them into it. Which the "street race" cars are the entire reason for the big crowds on Friday night.

I know it sounds like a contradiction "street race" cars at the race track. A lot of the cars have got so fast it's impossable to safely race them on a unprepaired surface. Another problem is you have 800-1000hp street cars that aren't legal to run at the dragstrip due to the lack of roll cage.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird May 27th 2010, 10:33 am

As long as it has a FORD engine in it......It's ok by me cheers I just like doorcars..I guess I'm kinda old school...These new dragsters are really trick with their suspensions . They are really well engineered ,but it's just not what I want..I really like the Green on Bobby Fordberry's dragster. I'll be cheering you guys on when I'm out because your my Ford buddies..I'll help you if I have anything you need. I don't want any hard feelings here. We are underdogs at any track with a Ford.Good luck to all you Ford guys all year cheers king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g May 27th 2010, 12:37 pm

56Tbird wrote:As long as it has a FORD engine in it......It's ok by me cheers I just like doorcars..I guess I'm kinda old school...These new dragsters are really trick with their suspensions . They are really well engineered ,but it's just not what I want..I really like the Green on Bobby Fordberry's dragster. I'll be cheering you guys on when I'm out because your my Ford buddies..I'll help you if I have anything you need. I don't want any hard feelings here. We are underdogs at any track with a Ford.Good luck to all you Ford guys all year cheers king

X2 what Dan said. Laughing
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 27th 2010, 1:10 pm

I'm a old school racer to say the least. If a dragster is what you want ,then have at it. Just like a Chevy,Nopar,etc. Just not my cup of tea. Give me a OLD door car and i'm happy. But I sho do like to see them FORD door cars kick some pipe rack a$$. Razz Racing for me is not always about winning ,for me its having fun w/car,friends. And making new friends. I hope no hard feelings are formed from this thread,because we all like to razz each other. Very Happy

Last edited by bbf-falcon on May 27th 2010, 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

The Drag(ster) slayers - Page 3 Empty bracket racing

Post  dr's wife racing May 27th 2010, 1:30 pm

Dragstes are fun to watch,if they are fast.If you are serious about bracket racing they are hard to beat.I don't do much bracket racing now but I did for years.about all I do now is index racing and some gruge racing.When it is bracket racing the seats are mostly empty,when the heads up cars are there the crowd is pretty good. So bracket nights are paid for by the racers and so are the heads up nights as the purse is abut the same and so are entry fee's.Index racing is a bracket race every one just has the same dial in. But it is all I can afford to do even the lower class racers have a huge expense. One of my friends tried to run ORSCAS drag radial class for a couple of yrs.He's now out of racing had to sell his entire set up to pay off racing bills.
For the most part I'm a poor man in a rich mans game. Like Jon said it's all about having fun with what you have got or what you can afford. If I bracket raced all the time I would have a dragster because I think they would give me the best chance to win.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jones May 27th 2010, 2:08 pm

I'd love to race a "engine on a stick" just for the ease of use. You could do what ever engine combonation you wanted. Don't have to fight with headers and stuff. One day I am going to get me one of those half car half rail jobs. (Don't know what they are called) They don't have doors,yet have a body, just as wide as a normal car but the driver sits in the open on the drivers side and the engine is in front.

What are those called?

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon May 27th 2010, 2:27 pm

Do you mean an altered?
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  jsracing May 27th 2010, 2:29 pm

roadster/ altered or front eng dragster?

jsracing

Back to top Go down

Post  jones May 27th 2010, 2:32 pm

I guess, the driver doesn't sit between the rear tires. He sits in about the normal position.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 27th 2010, 2:34 pm

Sounds Like a Roadster or Altered.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jones May 27th 2010, 2:35 pm

Thanks, didn't mean to get off topic!

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon May 27th 2010, 2:38 pm

If I ever get something else.....

The Drag(ster) slayers - Page 3 Brogie

Last edited by Treeyasoon on May 27th 2010, 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  gdog May 27th 2010, 2:40 pm

We would have a dragster.......if we could get in it, or more importantly, get out of it.
Carry on.
Gordon
gdog
gdog
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jones May 27th 2010, 2:42 pm

The Drag(ster) slayers - Page 3 07005

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 27th 2010, 5:00 pm

They are called Street Roadsters. The roadster driver sits on the L side and the Altered driver sits in the center. The Roadster wouldn't be too bad,I'd like one w/37 Ford body. I think they are way Cool

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3