BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another gas vs alky test..................

+4
Lem Evans
knrclark
billandlori
richter69
8 posters

Go down

Another gas vs alky test.................. Empty Another gas vs alky test..................

Post  richter69 May 28th 2010, 4:59 pm

Buddy gonna take his BBC Nova down tonight, make some gas hits then swap it over to alky. Will go down and give him a hand with the alky tune, will get results and post up when they become available.

Usually runs 10.50's in decent air, its hot and humid so stellar numbers I doubt will happen.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Another gas vs alky test.................. Empty Re: Another gas vs alky test..................

Post  billandlori May 28th 2010, 5:12 pm

Put the A+ tune up on her.....

Should be a great comparison. Looking forward to the results.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Another gas vs alky test.................. Empty Maybe faster

Post  knrclark May 28th 2010, 9:46 pm

My guess is it will be a little faster, maybe tenth and a half.
knrclark
knrclark
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Another gas vs alky test.................. Empty Re: Another gas vs alky test..................

Post  Lem Evans May 28th 2010, 9:57 pm

Sounds like a weak sister......it'll like alky for sure .

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 29th 2010, 1:58 am

Man I hate dealing with questionable stuff, he redid some fuel system stuff and it wasnt right, but my A+ racer skills kicked in and I got it to work decent. The gas runs had lots of tirespin, that and with the bad air and redneck fuel system managed a 11.02 @ 122. Car ran some high 10.50's 3 weeks ago when the air was pretty good, and the all time best ever for the car has been a 10.47.

Deal only had 3#s of fuel pressure in the lights, so against his better judgment I talked him into putting the alky carb on. First pass out went a 10.43 @131............I always love to watch the expression on their face when they get out of the car after the first alky pass................. Laughing Its like black pu$$y...once you get some well..........anyhoo. Went back up and made another run.........10.23 @ 133.............I made another convert tonight lol.

I know the gas set up had issues, no way this should have picked up that much being all was equal, but still the car was faster...............now he wont have issues running the 10.50 indes, other than figuring out how to slow it down. Car needs shocks bad, I feel once he gets the fuel system right and a few other changes the deal will run a 10 flat no problem.

After the fuel system woes he was gonna load up and go home, I told him no way i drove down there to not see him try the alky carb..........he's thanking me now lol.

This is a 3000# nova with a crate 454, turbo 350 with a , 8" TCI converter, 29" tall tire and a 4.11 gear. H9is son drives the car and only has about 60 passes or so ever in a drag car, kid did alright.............I love being at the dragstrip. Cool
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori May 29th 2010, 5:44 am

That's pretty amazing!! A+ racer strikes again Twisted Evil

How much of his fuel system did you change over?

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 29th 2010, 10:49 am

Well he just came down and picked up an empty drum, so I rekon its safe to say he likes it lol.

He using a couple of black pumps with a bypass reg, had some issues with the pressure bouncing, shimmed the by pass in the pump solid and it fixed that issue. Needs to re route some plumbing and it will be fine.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  AZFairlane May 29th 2010, 3:06 pm

What difference did you notice in the engine temperature at the end of the runs?
AZFairlane
AZFairlane
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 29th 2010, 3:55 pm

He said it was gaining about 15 degrees on the pass.....with 3 psi in the traps ........lean lol.

Still did not use the cooling fan though.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  AZFairlane May 29th 2010, 6:03 pm

I was curious as to the difference between the gas and alky, how much cooler did the alky run?
AZFairlane
AZFairlane
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 29th 2010, 6:11 pm

I don't even run a radiator..................it runs a lot cooler.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug May 29th 2010, 6:35 pm

where are you getting all these Alky carbs? Shocked

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper May 29th 2010, 6:43 pm

Barry Grant.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 May 29th 2010, 6:52 pm

the Coug wrote:where are you getting all these Alky carbs? Shocked

Randy

his buddy Less is making them for him affraid
geek scratch lol! lol! lol!
sorry Jon just couldnt help it.

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori May 29th 2010, 7:17 pm

res0rli9 wrote:

Randy

his buddy Less is making them for him affraid
geek scratch lol! lol! lol!
sorry Jon just couldnt help it.

D'OH!! This oughta be good......

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 29th 2010, 8:49 pm

Randy

Quickfuel............ cheers

The gas carb he had was an out of the box Holley 830 annular deal, I'm sure a 950 cfm deal didnt hurt it either.

Again I feel his gas combo was way out in left field, I expected a gain but not as much as it did.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 29th 2010, 9:08 pm

Why the 'f' would a guy have a annular deal let alone a 830 on a big block engine.......I gotta hand it to you Fabio......you know where/how to be the hErO Laughing

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 30th 2010, 11:24 pm

Lem Evans wrote:Why the 'f' would a guy have a annular deal let alone a 830 on a big block engine.......I gotta hand it to you Fabio......you know where/how to be the hErO Laughing

The coyote never picks the strongest target in the heard................. Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 31st 2010, 8:12 pm

Well after talking with Jessie Biggs Glen let him talk him into a full tilt 950 gas carb, told him it would run within a couple tenths as the alky 950 QF we tried............. said if it didn't to send it back and he would make it an alky carb for free.

Well got off the phone with little brother, looks like its going back...............went a best of 11.08...............Glen also gonna get a front cell and a belt pump as well.............no sense makin' shit hard lol.

Looks like the HeRo strikes again.............. cheers
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug July 31st 2010, 8:42 pm

you could sell him my 950 and save me from having to come get it..... Another gas vs alky test.................. Icon_wink

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 31st 2010, 9:42 pm

hell he already bought the gas unit Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum