BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roller lifters, factory block

5 posters

Go down

Roller lifters, factory block Empty Roller lifters, factory block

Post  jones June 3rd 2010, 2:09 pm

Share some information here, please. Beyond bushing the block for oil restriction is there any thing else? What is your restrictions if you don't bush the one side of lifter bores? When I do go solid roller I don't want to bush this block as I already have a bunch of money tied into a factory block.

Plan on using the Crower solid rollers but have heard whisppers that they might have changed the lifter design or something that cause problems now??????

jones

Back to top Go down

Roller lifters, factory block Empty Re: Roller lifters, factory block

Post  dfree383 June 3rd 2010, 2:17 pm

you don't need to bush a factory block to run soild roller lifters and if your worried about crower lifters, just use the comp cams stuff they work fine.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 3rd 2010, 9:40 pm

my crowers worked fine but they're not "new",about 5yr's old. and i dont bush a block for them either. Smile
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug June 3rd 2010, 9:57 pm

jones wrote:Share some information here, please. Beyond bushing the block for oil restriction is there any thing else? What is your restrictions if you don't bush the one side of lifter bores? When I do go solid roller I don't want to bush this block as I already have a bunch of money tied into a factory block.

Plan on using the Crower solid rollers but have heard whisppers that they might have changed the lifter design or something that cause problems now??????

Have you got a compulsive disorder? Jones you worry to much about stuff.... it is a race engine it can blow up on start up or last 50 run and blow or never blow up ever.... it is a chance you take.....

I have run Crane never again, I have run Comp cams, Isky's, Crowers all ran great

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty June 3rd 2010, 10:48 pm

I'm running Extreme lifters in mine, and no problems yet. When I got them 2 yrs ago, they were a new thing on the market and came recommended by Jerry Shannon. It doesnt' matter which brand you use, you need to check them every so often for wear. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  jones June 3rd 2010, 10:51 pm

the Coug wrote:
jones wrote:Share some information here, please. Beyond bushing the block for oil restriction is there any thing else? What is your restrictions if you don't bush the one side of lifter bores? When I do go solid roller I don't want to bush this block as I already have a bunch of money tied into a factory block.

Have you got a compulsive disorder? Jones you worry to much about stuff.... it is a race engine it can blow up on start up or last 50 run and blow or never blow up ever.... it is a chance you take.....

I have run Crane never again, I have run Comp cams, Isky's, Crowers all ran great

Randy

Laughing

I am affraid I might be.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  jones June 3rd 2010, 10:52 pm

schmitty wrote:I'm running Extreme lifters in mine, and no problems yet. When I got them 2 yrs ago, they were a new thing on the market and came recommended by Jerry Shannon. It doesnt' matter which brand you use, you need to check them every so often for wear. Cool

Ya, I was thinking about that. If need be you could purchase two complete sets of Comps for just a little more than one set of Crowers.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 3rd 2010, 11:20 pm

jones wrote:
schmitty wrote:I'm running Extreme lifters in mine, and no problems yet. When I got them 2 yrs ago, they were a new thing on the market and came recommended by Jerry Shannon. It doesnt' matter which brand you use, you need to check them every so often for wear. Cool

Ya, I was thinking about that. If need be you could purchase two complete sets of Comps for just a little more than one set of Crowers.
could be a reason for that too,not bashen,just sayen.if your cam aint gona be to wild you could run just about anybodys lifters and be ok.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jones June 3rd 2010, 11:28 pm

No 1" lift camshafts here!

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content