BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Ford Evevt At Milan

+2
StickBBF
bb429power
6 posters

Go down

All Ford Evevt At Milan Empty All Ford Evevt At Milan

Post  bb429power June 3rd 2010, 3:17 pm

There is an all Ford event at Milan Dragway on June 12th. Will anyone be there? I will at least be watching, I don't know about racing though.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

All Ford Evevt At Milan Empty Re: All Ford Evevt At Milan

Post  StickBBF June 19th 2010, 10:15 am

Did you go to the event?
If so, how was your take on it?

StickBBF Question

StickBBF

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power June 21st 2010, 10:37 pm

It was a good event and all, but SO many mustangs. If you don't care for stangs (like me) it wont be as fun. All in all it was a good day. There was the truck series which was nice to see. Then we stayed all night to see the finals, I think I'm going to like the Fords at the Summit a LOT better though. That seems to be the event to go to. But your in Stanton so that's quite a drive for you. I guess that day of all days I wasn't in the mood to watch racing so I couldn't enjoy it as much. I have pictures.
https://s976.photobucket.com/home/bb429power
It ends at the red mustang burnout picture. I haven't uploaded the burnout videos yet.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  StickBBF June 21st 2010, 10:56 pm

Hey, Thanks for the report and sharing the pictures!
Looks like it was a good turn out for sure!

Yeah, lots of Mustangs, but I'll take them over lots of Craparo's any day!.... What a Face

StickBBF cheers

StickBBF

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon June 22nd 2010, 8:15 am

Fords at the Summit is a great event simply because you don't spend most of the day waiting on all the CLASS car brackets to get to race. Car show and the Swap is good too.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  StickBBF June 22nd 2010, 12:17 pm

Thanks for the heads up, Rick!

I'm not too sure how my work schedule will shake out, but maybe I can make the trip down to Norwalk next month!
I've been there once before a few years ago, I think it was for a NMRA event. NICE TRACK!

StickBBF cheers

StickBBF

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power June 26th 2010, 2:27 pm

What I don't get is that you live in Stanton. Shouldn't you be going to mid michigan motorplex instead of going out of your way to get to the pisshole track milan that I love so very very much? Razz Just messing with you. Mid michigan is a sweet track. I went there with my friend, his dad races a top alcohol dragster so we got to go in the suite over top of the burnout box. When the jet cars ran the glass shook real good and the heat.... Shocked I hope to go back there again someday.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  StickBBF June 26th 2010, 5:01 pm

Yep, Mid Michigan Motorplex is my home track. http://www.midmichmotorplex.com/ ...and it is about 4.5 miles from my driveway.
They run lots of street cars at the motorplex, which is tough on the starting line rubber, but MaryJo needs all the cars she can get.

Although my car is currently down for repairs/changes, I usually don't haul my hot rod to other tracks. I've taken it up to Kaleva, http://www.northernmichigandragway.net/ Yeah, it's an 1/8 mile track, but I still had a ball there! cheers

StickBBF sunny

StickBBF

Back to top Go down

All Ford Evevt At Milan Empty piss hole?

Post  017stosh July 11th 2010, 5:03 pm

justin
being a racer who races at milan and the other tracks close (Grand Bend, norwalk, & mid michigan) i do not understand how you can call milan a piss hole. there are areas that can be improved at all of them (except norwalk). the racers at milan i would put up against anyone. milan knows how to run a show. when you start going to different tracks alot you might realize milan is not too bad.
stosh

017stosh

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 11th 2010, 5:13 pm

017stosh wrote:justin
being a racer who races at milan and the other tracks close (Grand Bend, norwalk, & mid michigan) i do not understand how you can call milan a piss hole. there are areas that can be improved at all of them (except norwalk). the racers at milan i would put up against anyone. milan knows how to run a show. when you start going to different tracks alot you might realize milan is not too bad.
stosh
I know milan is a good track, I'm just saying that compared to some of the tracks out there it is one. I absoluteley love milan, when I say that stuff I'm just kidding. I went to Lapeer dragway a week ago and google mapped it to see how the sandtraps were setup, there wasn't anything there. Milan is a good track and I love the shows that they put on, I just joke around, its my favorite track. Yeah there's Norwalk and all but there is nothing compared to going to milan and walking around checking out the cars and all. Its my home track and I love it.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav July 21st 2010, 2:55 pm

Kids!! bounce confused clown
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  86bigblockbird July 22nd 2010, 8:41 am

They are doing another all ford event at milan july 31st. this one should be more like fords at the summit and much less like the NMRA race in june.

86bigblockbird

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 22nd 2010, 10:30 am

86bigblockbird wrote:They are doing another all ford event at milan july 31st. this one should be more like fords at the summit and much less like the NMRA race in june.
Yeah I saw that a couple days ago, the ford superfest. I didn't like the NMRA event that much, I would like to go to the superfest. All fords at norwalk then a week later all ford event at milan. Too much fun! Very Happy
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav July 22nd 2010, 10:47 am

Then attend the Milan Nostalgia race late in the Summer, August or September. There was a ton of Canadien cars there last year.
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 22nd 2010, 12:28 pm

We went to the last Nostalgia race for my brother's birthday. it was a good time like all of milan's events, there was my favorite car there. A 48 anglia and it had a long bar in the back, he launched and rode it out on the bar. I think there was another one there too, I like the 3 slot grill a little more though and everyone puts a 350 in it which ticks me off. Mad

Milan always puts a good show on, and next year we might have a truck series. I suggested it to their main office and many people on YB liked the idea. Very Happy
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down