BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chassis dyno today

+6
Mark Miller
FORDMANLCRACKEL
Race Ready Fabrications
'65 T-BOLT
IDT-572
cool40
10 posters

Go down

chassis dyno today Empty chassis dyno today

Post  cool40 June 5th 2010, 11:50 pm

i have my car in a million pieces so i thought i'd take the old truck to us43 dragway today for some fun.they had a big turnout for the promod race today and also had a chassis dyno for whoever had 60$ to try out on.my other toy i like to mess with is a 1940 pickup i stuffed a 5.4 in,out of a lightning i bought at a salvage sale.i was real happy with it and now i know why it has traction issues Laughing 404hp @4800rpm and 497tq @3700rpm.it's got a 6#pulley, predator tuner and shorty headers w/o converters.it was fun to watch some of the race cars pull on it and not make mutch more than my old beater. Laughingchassis dyno today Race_c22
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

chassis dyno today Empty Re: chassis dyno today

Post  IDT-572 June 6th 2010, 12:37 am

Man Lee, I like that............... sweet Cool cheers
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT June 6th 2010, 12:42 am

5.4 lightning motor! That's sweet! and that is your beater! trade you!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications June 6th 2010, 12:56 am

Man that thing is sweet.... Very Happy
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  FORDMANLCRACKEL June 6th 2010, 1:01 am

Sweet truck. I'll trade ya my two beaters and some cash Laughing
Lonnie
FORDMANLCRACKEL
FORDMANLCRACKEL

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller June 6th 2010, 1:02 am

That's one cool old truck,it's a great sleeper as long as you don't open the hood.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 6th 2010, 1:05 am

it get's some people looken,and when the hood's up they ask questions. Laughing i would have made a pass with it but i didnt take the slicks with me.it ran 8.20 before i did any mod's to it.next thing it needs is the heat exchanger plumed up,that should help a lot.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 6th 2010, 1:08 am

FORDMANLCRACKEL wrote:Sweet truck. I'll trade ya my two beaters and some cash Laughing i could'nt part with it,my dad bought it back in the mid 60's so i'll keep it in the family i guess.he never thought it'd turn out like this. Laughing
Lonnie
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  FORDMANLCRACKEL June 6th 2010, 1:29 am

cool40 wrote:
FORDMANLCRACKEL wrote:Sweet truck. I'll trade ya my two beaters and some cash Laughing i could'nt part with it,my dad bought it back in the mid 60's so i'll keep it in the family i guess.he never thought it'd turn out like this. Laughing
Lonnie

I know how you feel. My dad let me help him build our family boat in 1957. He passed away 4 years later. Mom sold the boat and 10 years later i bought it back. Its not for sale for no kind of money.
Lonnie
FORDMANLCRACKEL
FORDMANLCRACKEL

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 6th 2010, 1:30 am

i dont have any good pic's but here's a couple more. Smile chassis dyno today Trans_14chassis dyno today Trans_15chassis dyno today Trans_16
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug June 6th 2010, 1:33 am

Lee you could probably get another 20 or so by getting rid of those Flowless master mufflers, they are very restrictive.....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 6th 2010, 1:37 am

the Coug wrote:Lee you could probably get another 20 or so by getting rid of those Flowless master mufflers, they are very restrictive.....

Randy
what's the brand most run now?flowmaster was the shit back in the day but i cant say i realy like the way they sound on the truck.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT June 6th 2010, 1:40 am

i was running 4" bullets on the Fairlane
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  RapidRuss June 6th 2010, 6:04 am

Aww Man... does that ever bring back the memories ! Dad had bought one as a roller back in 1960, and took a few years to build a Built Flatty for it , with an offy intake and a set of Stromberg 97's on it..a few other trick things they use to do back then to them..Painted it candy red, and put camel leather interior in it.. Well thats what I learned to drive in at the ripe old age of 10..to me, that was the sharpest body style ford ever made for there trucks.. Maybe I'am just (partial) I remember he had picked up a B&M hydro for it..and used it for his DD to and from work and I got to drive it around town on the weekends... Cops werent like they are today..

Sure wished I had that Ol Truck today...the neighbors use to tell me if I washed and waxed it one more time...I was going to rub the paint off...Smile God I loved that truck...even with the little flatty in it..we had a problem from a dead stop with wheel hop..it kept on wanting to wrap the springs around the axle tubes...Before we got to fixing that minor problem..He got involed with building his 23T bucket, and kind of lost sight of the truck..I remember coming home from school one day and the truck was gone....Dad didnt tell me he had sold it for a few days..I thought maybe he had loaned it to one of his friends, and it would show up in the driveway one day when I came home from school.. (Never Happened) Sad
RapidRuss
RapidRuss

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon June 6th 2010, 7:33 am

cool40 wrote:
the Coug wrote:Lee you could probably get another 20 or so by getting rid of those Flowless master mufflers, they are very restrictive.....

Randy
what's the brand most run now?flowmaster was the shit back in the day but i cant say i realy like the way they sound on the truck.

I love that truck,is that where you got your username?

I would'nt worry too much about the best flowing muffler on that thing,I would go for the best sound. I thinh the Hooker Muffler has the best tone of any,especially on a SBF.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbillyerv June 6th 2010, 10:54 am

really cool truck n bad a$$ truck , nice #`s Cool i luv them old ford trucks Cool Cool
hillbillyerv
hillbillyerv
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 6th 2010, 12:22 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:
cool40 wrote:

Randy

I love that truck,is that where you got your username?

I would'nt worry too much about the best flowing muffler on that thing,I would go for the best sound. I thinh the Hooker Muffler has the best tone of any,especially on a SBF.
thats where the name came from Smile thats what everybody calls it so i just picked it up for a username for about everything.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum