BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hobbs crash landed

+2
bbf-falcon
bcr466
6 posters

Go down

Hobbs crash landed Empty Hobbs crash landed

Post  bcr466 June 6th 2010, 3:55 am

Hobbs has crash at Jackson Tn. injures the Tbird and no damage to himself. Looked like the rr hooked causing the car to veer left, then when he corrected it, it went ino the right retaining wall. A glancing hit although there is damage to rf fender and bumper, scuff marks down the right side and damage to rr qtr and rear bumper along with rr wheel tub. Possibly more unseen.

Ky Jelly wanted to get to the finish line too quick and jerked a red bulb and had problem with reverse on one pass.

Anthony was having fuel problems, (3 gal a pass) but he was still in with 4 cars left when we left about 12:30. Reminesed with he and his wife of the days at Fulton where we ran quite a few times.

IMO, Ford boys did a good job against Blown hemis and others that were supposed to be faster.

Spoke a few words to KY Jelly and Becca, but they were busy at the time so I didnt bother them much.

Tried to talk with Hobbs, but this was afer his demolition show, knew he had to have been upset, so I left him alone too.
bcr466
bcr466

http://cracing@frontiernet.net

Back to top Go down

Hobbs crash landed Empty Re: Hobbs crash landed

Post  bcr466 June 6th 2010, 4:03 am

Treed by Damon while I was checking post.
bcr466
bcr466

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon June 6th 2010, 7:43 am

Dan's a tough ole Kentuckian,him and the Bird will be fixed up better than new within 2 weeks Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick June 6th 2010, 8:38 am

Yeah, he's gaining a reputation for quick reapirs. Last time he busted an engine, he was racing again by the time I heard about it. Shocked
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Hobbs crash landed Empty Good to hear from you Bob

Post  Pro98Mustang June 6th 2010, 4:24 pm

Bob; Derek told me that he talked with you last night at Jackson. I was not able to be there because of health reasons but hope to return to the track soon, maybe as early as 3 to 4 weeks. Yes; We had fuel problems as the set screw on the "Hat" butterfly slipped and threw the injection system out of sinc with the butterflys. We had qualified with a 5.07 which put us in the # 7 qualifying position off the trailer. That was when the set screw slipped. We missed the second round of qualifying because of the problem but did run the first round with the fuel system all screwed up but did not use the nitrous and still won with a 5.29. Derek then re-adjusted the fuel system and came back with some good runs, he won his second round with a 5.02 on the brakes which put him down to four cars. The next pass he was put in the left lane which was not hardly as good as the right, the car spoon the tires and he lost that round with a 5.04. He had a good night when you look as all the problems that he had. I really hated to hear that Dan Hobbs messed up his beautiful Bird, Dan I hope you get it fixed soon and are back on the track doing what you do best, winning. And Randy I missed seeing you guys to and was sorry when Derek told me that you left a little early in round one, you will get them next time. Derek was keeping me posted by cell phone between each round. Bob are you running your red car any nowdays? I always enjoyed watching you when we all ran at Fulton maybe sometime we can race together again somewhere. Bobby Anthony.

Pro98Mustang

http://bjanthony@centurytel.net

Back to top Go down

Post  MsKYMustang June 6th 2010, 4:50 pm

Bobby, we missed seeing you last night. Hope you get those health problems behind you real soon and back at the track! Glad to hear you all figured out the problem with the car. Seemed like almost everyone was having some sort of problem last night.
MsKYMustang
MsKYMustang

Back to top Go down

Hobbs crash landed Empty Thanks

Post  Pro98Mustang June 6th 2010, 5:18 pm

I am really looking forward to getting back to the tracks, Last night would have been really special as I have wanted to run with the Dixie Door Slammer guys since I first saw them run at Bama Dragway probably 10 years ago, last night It became a fact and I was not able to be there. I was really proud of how Derek did!!

Pro98Mustang

http://bjanthony@centurytel.net

Back to top Go down

Post  MsKYMustang June 6th 2010, 6:57 pm

bcr466 wrote:Spoke a few words to KY Jelly and Becca, but they were busy at the time so I didnt bother them much.

It was nice to meet you. Maybe we will have a chance to talk more next time.
MsKYMustang
MsKYMustang

Back to top Go down

Post  MsKYMustang June 6th 2010, 7:02 pm

Pro98Mustang wrote:I am really looking forward to getting back to the tracks, Last night would have been really special as I have wanted to run with the Dixie Door Slammer guys since I first saw them run at Bama Dragway probably 10 years ago, last night It became a fact and I was not able to be there. I was really proud of how Derek did!!

We kinda felt the same way because we used to watch them at Gleason. Derek did a great job and we were glad to have another Ford running with the DDS.
MsKYMustang
MsKYMustang

Back to top Go down

Post  bcr466 June 6th 2010, 7:36 pm

Really sorry to hear of the health problems, Bobby, and really hoped to see you there. Let us know when you feel well enough to attend and where. I will try to make the trip to visit.

Derek did a fine job with the problems he had and we were proud of the "homey" Very Happy As you and me know already, sometimes its not how good you do, its how good you look doing it! Very Happy Very Happy Mainmost is being able to do it.
PM me your phone # and we will talk some when you feel like it. If you are up late and want to talk, it doesnt matter. I m retired now, so there is nothing pressing I have to do.
bcr466
bcr466

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY June 7th 2010, 10:18 am

Good to meet you BCR , sorry I was so busy and could not talk more Laughing

Bobby sure missed seeing you and hate to hear of your health problems and hope you get to feeling better soon.
Give me a call anytime . Derek done one heck of a job and we were proud to have him running with us.

Here is a link to some pics Mickey took https://s844.photobucket.com/albums/ab6/92beretta-photos/?start=0

That was a bad deal with Dan , I feel for ya buddy but that kind of stuff can happen to anybody at the speeds we are running at.
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down