BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day at Englishtown

2 posters

Go down

Day at Englishtown Empty Day at Englishtown

Post  514Fox87 June 13th 2010, 11:11 am

Day at Englishtown Englishtown2010001Day at Englishtown Englishtown2010003Day at Englishtown Englishtown2010004Spent the day at Englishtown yesterday and was really impressed. After growing up with Nascrap and then going to my first National event there is no comparison! Standing next to Antron Brown as he mixed his fuel, seeing John Force get off his scooter after a run to sign autographs, before the car got back to the pits. To feeling the thunder of the fuel cars, and smelling the nitro. NHRA rules hands down! Had a blast yesterday and will go back as often as I can. Needed more time so I could visit with the Prostock cars. Just ran out of time.
514Fox87
514Fox87

Back to top Go down

Day at Englishtown Empty Jim Yates

Post  knrclark June 13th 2010, 11:43 pm

If you get a chance to talk to Jim Yates give him a yell. He is a super nice guy and remembers where he came from, bracket racing. He is the ??head consultant?? for the Gray Pro Stock team. I used to race with him in Virginia before his Pro Stock days. Super nice guy. He was running FORDS back then. I remember when he showed up with Bob GLiddens old red and white Motorcraft Thunderbird at Colonial Beach, Virgina. I thought I was loosing my mind when I saw that thing. I could not believe I was that close to that car. Jim went on the have a very successful career as a Pro Stock driver/owner.

Kerry
knrclark
knrclark
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum