BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solid rolller oiling question

2 posters

Go down

Solid rolller oiling question Empty Solid rolller oiling question

Post  J.Toney June 20th 2010, 7:52 am

So I purchased some new Comp lifters (#836-16) and pulled started reading the attached info. I'm wondering if I had the wrong impression about the axle oiling on these. The disclaimer outright reads "Remember, when using solid roller lifters, the only oiling the lifters receive is from windage created by the rotating assembly" It goes on to say how low rpm use will cause excessive wear. This is NOT news to me, but nowhere do they print anything about the supposed oiling for the wheel. Could it be possible I got a new box of old lifters? Same part # right? Seems the old style were just phased out. Is there any way to externally check for these oil holes. I'll compare them to my old lifters and see what I find. Just thought I might ask those who know more than me.Only difference I see is the wheel is about .025 wider than my previous deals and, on the back when the link bar attaches, it read comp cams and some sort of production number. Thanks, Joe
J.Toney
J.Toney

Back to top Go down

Solid rolller oiling question Empty Re: Solid rolller oiling question

Post  David Cole June 20th 2010, 12:24 pm

The wheel to cam surface is what gets oil from windage only. Same with all roller lifters. The oiling that the Comp literature talks about is a tiny edm hole at the bottom edge of the oil band of the lifter. If feeds oil to the needle bearings that support the wheel. All bbf Comp Roller lifters made within the past 5-6 years have this feature. Good stuff. Take a closer look, it should be there unless you have a set that was sitting on a shelf somewhere.

You can see the hole at 6 o'clock at the bottom of the oil band.
Solid rolller oiling question Lifters002
David Cole
David Cole
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=66449&

Back to top Go down

Post  J.Toney June 20th 2010, 2:38 pm

You're right dave. Right there when you look close. Now I know Thanks. Very Happy
J.Toney
J.Toney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum