BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE WAR HAS STRUCK PRETTY CLOSE TO HOME -----

+13
342g
56Tbird
bruno
ThndrChkn
c.evans
bbf-falcon
bigblockfox468
Doug Rahn
dfree383
maverick
Curt
billandlori
Wayne Pearce
17 posters

Go down

THE WAR HAS STRUCK PRETTY CLOSE TO HOME ----- Empty THE WAR HAS STRUCK PRETTY CLOSE TO HOME -----

Post  Wayne Pearce June 22nd 2010, 5:24 pm

My daughter, called me this morning to tell me the sad news that my grandson, Zachary's best friend had been killed in Afghanistan! Taylor had been there only six weeks when the end came for him, he was only eighteen years old! I have felt fortunate that my son, Brian, and my nephews, Steven, and Shawn, all Marines, survived Desert Storm without a scratch! But, to see my grandson who is a big, burly fella reduced to a sobbing heap at the loss of his dear friend - just took the legs right out from under me! Pray for, and support our troops !! God bless you, Taylor - may God love you and keep you, Amen !

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

Last edited by Wayne Pearce on July 30th 2010, 10:44 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : repeated text)

Wayne Pearce

Back to top Go down

THE WAR HAS STRUCK PRETTY CLOSE TO HOME ----- Empty Re: THE WAR HAS STRUCK PRETTY CLOSE TO HOME -----

Post  billandlori June 22nd 2010, 5:33 pm

That's sad to hear Wayne. Our prayers go out to his family. The bravery of these soldiers is amazing, they volunteer to go serve and risk it all. They deserve much respect and thanks.

Our son's good friend just got sent to Afganinistan, we are hoping he stays safe.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

THE WAR HAS STRUCK PRETTY CLOSE TO HOME ----- Empty Re: THE WAR HAS STRUCK PRETTY CLOSE TO HOME -----

Post  Curt June 22nd 2010, 6:31 pm

RIP Taylor. Thank you for the ultimate sacrifice you have provided for this country. May God bless and be with your family during these tough times. Sad

THE WAR HAS STRUCK PRETTY CLOSE TO HOME ----- EXTREMEINFIDEL68
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick June 22nd 2010, 6:42 pm

SALUTE
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 June 22nd 2010, 6:47 pm

Semper Fi Marine RIP
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn June 22nd 2010, 8:14 pm

So sorry to here this. My condolences and prayers go out to the family and friends. My ex wife's son is on his 3rd tour in Afghanistan and I worry about him all the time. My heart skips a beat whenever I get a letter.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 June 22nd 2010, 8:56 pm

I'm so sorry to hear news of this type for our young, brave hero's. My thoughts and prayers directed towards Taylor and his family, friends and loved ones Sad Sad Sad ....Rest in Peace
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon June 22nd 2010, 9:18 pm

maverick wrote:SALUTE

X2 Sad Sad

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans June 22nd 2010, 9:24 pm

I can't add anything that hasn't already been said. There is a place in Arlington National for Taylor, if the family wants it. God bless the family.

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn June 23rd 2010, 12:24 am

So sad to hear that Wayne. From a soldier to you & your family. God Bless our troops! Without their sacrifices, we would have nothing. This video is from my favorites list. I play it whenever I need a good dose of reality. For our troops, and their great sacrifices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ervaMPt4Ha0

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno June 23rd 2010, 6:38 am

god bless you Taylor and family Sad

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird June 23rd 2010, 8:41 am

X2 Crying or Very sad
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g June 23rd 2010, 11:29 am

Very sad indeed, god be with the family. Sad Sad

342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Pearce June 23rd 2010, 3:49 pm

I want to take this opportunity on behalf of the Miller family to thank all of you for your condolences, and sentiments. Taylor's family has decided to lay him to rest among the hero's of Arlington. Many businesses in our town have come forward volunteering services, such as charter buses, and motel accomodations for all of Taylors friends and family to be able to attend his funeral! Thanks again to all of you ARE great bunch of guys!

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

Wayne Pearce

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 June 23rd 2010, 4:37 pm

You can't get a much more honorable place....RIP
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori June 23rd 2010, 6:11 pm

Wayne Pearce wrote:I want to take this opportunity on behalf of the Miller family to thank all of you for your condolences, and sentiments. Taylor's family has decided to lay him to rest among the hero's of Arlington. Many businesses in our town have come forward volunteering services, such as charter buses, and motel accomodations for all of Taylors friends and family to be able to attend his funeral! Thanks again to all of you ARE great bunch of guys!

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

That is really good of them to offer that to the family. You gotta love that kind of community support and gratitude.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT June 25th 2010, 5:28 pm

c.evans wrote:I can't add anything that hasn't already been said. God bless the family.

Charlie Evans
X2 on what Uncle said! The gov't just needs to bring our boys and girls home!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  DFI429 June 25th 2010, 5:45 pm

dfree383 wrote:You can't get a much more honorable place....RIP

Yes Sir.

I believe every American in his/her lifetime needs to visit the Oklahoma City National Memorial (Murrah Building), the World Trade Center in NYC, and Washington D.C. To me, madatory military service, post-high school, is not a far-fetched idea. I will continue to serve as long as my health, and the United States Air Force lets me.

RIP brother.
DFI429
DFI429

http://home.comcast.net/~dfi429/

Back to top Go down

Post  65-429Falcon June 25th 2010, 11:53 pm

Many condolences from Southern Indiana. God be with all of our troops. RIP Taylor

Keep your chin up Wayne, he's still protecting us.
65-429Falcon
65-429Falcon

http://kevinb0906@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Pearce July 30th 2010, 11:00 am

An update about David Taylor Miller: PFC David Taylor Miller, who made the ultimate sacrifice was finally laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery on July 28th with full military honors. The flag draped casket was laid upon a horse drawn caisson, and was led to his final resting place led by a band, and a platoon of the sharpest looking soldiers I've ever seen. The service was very moving, but thankfully not too long as there were many elderly mourners in attendance, and the 95 degree heat was almost too much for many of them! After the service was over, and many had left, Taylor's closest friends kept returning to his casket just to say a few more words of farewell, they just kept going back, and back again! There were tear filled eyes amongst us all, it was very hard to just walk away. A very sad day for us all! Two of Taylor's comrades, who were severely wounded in the attack were in attendance, and spoke very well of Taylor, and tried as best they could to give comfort to his family. The long drive back home to Saratoga Springs was very long, as nobody seemed to have much to say. God bless and protect our soldiers!

Wayne

Last edited by Wayne Pearce on August 2nd 2010, 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Wayne Pearce

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon July 30th 2010, 11:34 am

Sad Evil or Very Mad

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori July 30th 2010, 12:25 pm

A fitting send-off for a hero. He is resting with all the other hero's.

God bless the troops and his family.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbillyerv July 31st 2010, 5:13 pm

so sad, R.I.P. God Bless Our Troops!
hillbillyerv
hillbillyerv
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down