BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friend just bought a BBF Mustang.

+2
billandlori
jbozzelle
6 posters

Go down

A friend just bought a BBF Mustang. Empty A friend just bought a BBF Mustang.

Post  jbozzelle June 23rd 2010, 1:21 am

A friend bought a Fox body Mustang with a 460 in it. I went to look at it this evening. It's got D0VE heads, Victor intake, Qfuel carb (not sure what size), C6, 8.8, spool, drag radials, etc...

Looks to be a decent car. I drove it around the block and it seems real snappy. It's got some power for sure. I'll need to call the prevous owner to get some details, but right off it needs to have the carb rebuilt. It loads up at idle over time, it's got a flat spot right off idle while driving if you crack the throttle fast and the bowls seem to be leaking down as well...

Also, the brake pedal ratio is off for manual brakes (tons of effort to stop) and the steering wants to pull back to center real bad when turning. maybe the struts aren't in the right spot. It does have some c/c plates on it. Once we get these few things sorted out we'll drag it to the track to see what it'll do.

Needless to say, due to my current divorce situation and his lack of knowledge about cars, this will be the only BBF powered car I'll be tuning for awhile. So I'm somewhat excited, even though it's not mine. Having said that I'll finally feel like a productive member of this website!

All I need to do to feel good is have this car beat my other friends 355 SBC Fox body Mustang and all will be good.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

A friend just bought a BBF Mustang. Empty Re: A friend just bought a BBF Mustang.

Post  billandlori June 23rd 2010, 5:03 am

Hey, OPM (other people's money) is the best way to go!! Laughing

Sounds like all the hard work has been done for you too! Shouldn't be too much to get sorted out.

Have fun!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

A friend just bought a BBF Mustang. Empty Re: A friend just bought a BBF Mustang.

Post  bruno June 23rd 2010, 6:33 am

cool deal John..... on the brakes you need to change the were it pivots so it has more leverage ....
http://www.aerospacecomponents.com/images/instructions/Mstr-Cyl-Con-Kit.pdf

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 June 23rd 2010, 8:52 am

bruno wrote:cool deal John..... on the brakes you need to change the were it pivots so it has more leverage ....
http://www.aerospacecomponents.com/images/instructions/Mstr-Cyl-Con-Kit.pdf

Hmmmmm..... what is this about exactly? scratch I bought my car done. I know nothing on what is needed to be done on these BBF conversion deals or this brake thing, first time I heard about it. My brake pedal is actually quite small, like the size of a manual pedal so I was under the assumption way back when, when my car was born it was a stick (I know it was a 4 banger). So maybe it needs some attention in that department too. It know when I ran it last year I seem to remember like I had to stand on the brake pedal to slow it down and I used the full 3/8 mile shut down. More info on this brake thing please.

Sorry about the hi-jack John. Show some pics, good luck, have some fun with it and keep us updated Wink What are c/c plates?
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jones June 23rd 2010, 9:01 am

John, sorry it hear about your situation.

The gas pedals on the Mustangs is another weak point. They will start bending.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle June 23rd 2010, 11:31 am

It's got the dreaded Lokar throttle cable too. That will be getting ditched soon in favor of a factory setup. I've seen too many of those Lokar deals stretch.

The brake pedal pivot points are different between for a power brake and manual brake setup. All you need to do to the pedal when you convert from a power to manual setup is relocate the master cylinder pushrod attaching point on the pedal. This gives you more leverage which results in less effort to make the required pressure to stop the car.

I've always had good luck in finding pedals from factory manual brake cars so I've never worried about it. After driving this one around the block last night it's apparent that it needs the pedal point relocated.

c/c plates are caster camber plates...

And Bruno, this looks like a clone of yours back when you had the Draglites on it...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  fastford June 24th 2010, 8:01 am

Did he buy the car from Jacksonville Fl?
fastford
fastford

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle June 24th 2010, 1:12 pm

Yes

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down