BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow That Was Strange

+2
DILLIGASDAVE
billandlori
6 posters

Go down

Wow That Was Strange Empty Wow That Was Strange

Post  billandlori June 24th 2010, 9:16 pm

Jeeze, had a strange one last night. We clean a couple of gyms at night (11:00pm to 5:00am) in our area. Last night I was cleaning the showers and using Peroxide to disinfect the floors. After that I usually put a bit of this "drain manitainer" down the drain to keep it smelling good!

Well, I got the floor all cleaned up and all of a sudden the bottoms of my feet were itching like crazy. Oh well, carry on. Then my face got red and hot, my lips, ears and eyes started swelling up, then I got all these bumps all over my head, back and chest. Well, sometrhing ain't right here.....

Go on up to emerg and they got me right in 'cause they figgered my throat was next. Put me on an IV drip with Ibu-profin (sp) and some other shots and stuff. With in a couple of hours I was feeling better and the swelling was going down.

So I don't really know what caused it, we have been using this cleaner for months with no issues.

You just never know.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Wow That Was Strange Empty Re: Wow That Was Strange

Post  DILLIGASDAVE June 24th 2010, 9:39 pm

Chemical reactions can bite you in the ass damn quick.

The first minimum wage job I had way back when was at a health studio as a tour guide & workout instructor. On the surface that sounds like a cool gig, but truth is if you worked there you did everything including the shit jobs like cleaning everything from the sweat covered weight machines, to the bathrooms, to the pool.

The boss had a weekly cleaning ritual where he had us pour straight pool acid down the shower drains to "clean them". We were idiot teenagers & didn't know to question what could go wrong..........that damn pool acid sure did come boiling back up out of the drains damn fast with the right chemical reaction. Shocked
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 June 24th 2010, 9:39 pm

That didn't sound good Bill watch it might have been some bad cleaner do you have any of it left to try again.If you feet start itching again get out of there and wash don't good an try a differant cleaner.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori June 24th 2010, 9:54 pm

It wasn't a pleasant experience for sure.

It must have been a vapour thing 'cause I didn't get any on my hands or anything. I did use alot though. I guess I need to stay with smaller amounts too.

Yeah Dave, we have to clean all the equipment and that too. Not a fun job but it pays the bills for now.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  jones June 24th 2010, 10:36 pm

You didn't mix bleach and ammonia togather did you. That produces Mustard gas or something deadly like that. I learned that lesson working a the local grocery store when I was young. Myself and another co-worker almost fell out from that.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori June 25th 2010, 3:37 am

jones wrote:You didn't mix bleach and ammonia togather did you. That produces Mustard gas or something deadly like that. I learned that lesson working a the local grocery store when I was young. Myself and another co-worker almost fell out from that.

Nope, they have these "approved" chemicals we have to use. Supposedly the two I used (peroxide and the drain maintainer) are designed to be used together. They are "green" cleaners so they don't work that well which is why I had used alot of it. I think that is the big issue. Also, I have no idea what was in the drain already... pale

They even gave me an emergency needle to give myself if I get this again. They said if I have to take the shot, get to the hospital right away. I also have some steroids to take.

I made it through tonight without incident but I didn't use any of those chems.

I never knew itchy feet were a sign you were having a severe allergic reaction to something scratch

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra June 26th 2010, 7:34 am

My brother got some kind of skin rash on his hands and up and down his arms where it cracked open and looked like he got severe burns,all from using brakeclean. We both been using that stuff for years with no problems, but the doctor told him because he got it into his system from a few little cuts/scrapes on his hands it can change your chemcial balance all of a sudden you just never know when.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori June 26th 2010, 11:19 am

Yikes, that don't sound good.

Last night I went in and found bits of white powder around the drains. The stupid buggers have been putting powdered bleach down the drain. Bleach + Acid = bad fumes.

Gonna have to kick someone's ass.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power June 26th 2010, 2:41 pm

I don't understand why punk kids have to cause harm to other for their own entertainment. Its just not right, may I suggest mixing tin foil and drain-all in the bathroom. It makes an explosion, they call it the works bomb and it emitts toxic gas. That should teach them. I'm 16 and I have to grow up with these stupid morons. I was going to say that someone probably put something down there.

bleach+ammonia=mustard gas
and brake cleaner or carb cleaner+argon gas or just welding= death or close to it. make sure what you weld doesn't have any on it from cleaning whatever it is.

Glad it wasn't worse. You should take it up with the school about them doing that. Or try to school them a little bit Basketball
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down